Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
star power activator
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jaksiel  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2006 5:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't remember the last time I tilted my guitar. I always use Select because way back when I first got the game last December, the tilt didn't work half the time...
Dandaman  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2006 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nnymo wrote:
i guess i could write out a step by step on doing in.
PLEASE!!!I AM BEGGING YOU!!! That would help so much hookin it up to a distortion ped. Hope it don't cost too much or anything
ScWAssassyn  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking for a way to do this as well...PLEASE
fatespeaks  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 7:50 pm    Post subject: "Easy Pedal" SP trigger. Reply with quote

I had been planning to do this for a while. You should just have to connect either a normally-open (NO) or, less likely, a normally closed (NC) footswitch to the select button leads. Unplug the controller from your PS2, open it and use a continuity meter to test the select button.

A continuity meter could be as simple as a flashlight with wires leading from the switch. Set this up so touching the wires together causes the flashlight to light up.

Connect the wires to the select button leads. If the light is off, then turns on when you push the select button, you will need a NO switch. If the light is on, then turns off when you push the select button, you will need a NC switch. Some switches can be configured to work either way. If this test doesn't work, either you have done something wrong or I don't know what I'm talking about. (Either way you should quit before something blows up. )

A foot pedal should be available at radio shack. They may also be available at best-buy or someplace else that sells keyboard (electric-piano) accessories or guitar amp accessories.

Connect the proper NO or NC pedal to your controller, reassemble and rock-on.

For my mod, I will likely use a normalized 1/4" phono jack mounted to the controller to give it "real guitar" style and eliminate the need to rewire my pedal. I will rewire the tilt switch to the NC lead so it disconnects to prevent false triggering when my pedal is connected.

I sincerely hope this post helps more than it confuses.

Cheers,
-Aaron
quackadilly  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 03, 2006 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's what I did for my foot pedal:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bleh, I hate to bump an old thread but I'd rather not make a new one just for this. My red SG's tilt sensor is being tempermental, sometimes it works just fine, other times it's completely unresponsive. I can't for the life of me hit Select to activate SP because I strum pretty much the same way I strum a real guitar, and I've been playing for 6 years so trying to alter my hand position...it just doesn't work for me. At all.

I opened up my controller, and I immediately realized that the red SG is different inside than the black one, as there is no tilt sensor to be found anywhere near the Start/Select buttons. I THINK it's that little black box thing on the underside of the main circuitboard that covers the strum bar, but I really have no clue. So could somebody help me out here? I'm sure somebody who's modded a red SG would know exactly where the tilt sensor is.

GH1 Hard FCs: 41/47
GH2 Hard FCs: 41/64
GH80s Hard FCs: 16/30
Rorschach  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS the little black box thing.

On the old black SG's, the tilt sensor was four tubes with ball bearings inside. All four of the bearings had to hit contacts to activate SP. Problem was, sometimes they'd get gummy or stuck and you'd have to shake the guitar like crazy to activate. To fix this, you wire two or three of the contacts closed so only one bearing has to contact to activate. Be careful about making it too sensitive though.

The red SG's have that little black box, which works in some totally different way that I have no idea about. So yes, that's the tilt sensor, no, I don't know how to fix it :p

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Eh, thanks. I noticed the sensor was rattling a bit so I just stuck a little electrical tape on it. Seems to be working just fine, for now anyway.

I really need to try that footswitch SP mod, haha.

GH1 Hard FCs: 41/47
GH2 Hard FCs: 41/64
GH80s Hard FCs: 16/30
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Hardware All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: