Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Singstar

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:08 am    Post subject: Singstar Reply with quote

I finally bit the bullet and bought Singstar a while ago, and while I'm not a fan of the game's mechanics, free-style mode is fucking great. I have 80's and 90's, and I couldn't be happier with my decision to buy the games, what with all of the songs available. I haven't spent a whole lot of time with the games, but that's going to change soon.

I do plan on making free-style videos (it's intonation bar makes me feel like complete ass) and uploading some into my youtube profile. Two Princes, More Than Words and Material Girl are SO going to be done.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
carefac3  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 5:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too lazy to google this so....what exactly is it?
sentimentalgeek  

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a Karaoke-style game - HUGELY popular for parties in Europe but they've got some games in the US too.

I have to say I'm not really much of a fan, because the mechanics are really horrible, imho. Imagine static vocal mode from Rock Band except without the arrow to help you anticipate where you are in the line. And I find it's actually quite a bit less forgiving than Karaoke Revolution or Rock Band because if you don't fill up every little tube, you lose points. At least in KR or RB you just have to fill a meter or a pie.

A cool thing about Singstar is that it's all original recordings and you get to watch the real videos while you play, but something I really hate about it is that you can't turn down the original singer's vocals. Instead, you're just singing along to the track, and that's way less interesting to me.

Anyway, I can see how freestyle mode would be fun for amusement reasons. I think all the Karaoke Revolution games have a similar mode, where you can sing without being judged by the game (like normal karaoke). It'd be fun if Rock Band had something similar.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: SG Lammy
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always Practice mode. =/

I do agree that the mechanics aren't as fun as KR and RB (oh hell, I'll just say it: Harmonix games), but I didn't know that KR had a freestyle mode. I might have to purchase KR soon, since my experience with it has always been positive.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
hotsauce750  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 3:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OOOooooohhhhoooooohhhhoooooooohhoooooohoooooohooooooohh....

I wanna sex you up...

all night....

er... I've got Singstar 90's and Amped and love them both. Will be expanding on my rhythm game collections with a few more (although pop doesn't look that appealing to me).
Lonelle  

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol im actually a fan of this game although i kinna dont have it... i play it at my friends house a lot and i cant wait to actually buy it for my ps2 =]
OPJP  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lonelle wrote:
lol im actually a fan of this game although i kinna dont have it... i play it at my friends house a lot and i cant wait to actually buy it for my ps2 =]

I have origin Singstar and Singstar Legends on my PS2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: