ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Best Layout for System Song Pages?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:18 pm    Post subject: Best Layout for System Song Pages? Reply with quote

Crap...was this thread a waste of time making this because of the current sticky? Or is this still ok to have?

I think we need to have a specific set layout for all of the system song pages. This would improve the organization of the site greatly and give people a guideline if they want to add information but they aren't sure how to add it.

Things we need to include on song pages:

Star Power paths. Do we use Debr's/tma's paths? Do we give links for Debr's/tma's sites? Do we just put 2 2R - 2 4B - 3 1YO? (in vertical form, of course) Do we explain difficult activations or squeezes? Do we actually put a full image of the path on the page?

Preview videos. Do we give a link to a youtube video? Do we have a video right there to watch like in this wiki? Is there a standard as to what quality the video has to be? Does it have to be a bot/FC run of the song?

Do we give any background information on the song? Artist, song length, maybe a story or something behind the song (if there is one)? Do we list it's tier?

Do we give difficulties of the song? Who decides the difficulties if we do? How would the difficulties be rated, i.e. x out of 10? Should we have Pass/5*/FC difficulty as well?

To finish off, what should the order of all these be in on the page?

I think that if we eventually take the time and make every system song page exactly the same with full information, Scorehero Wiki will be an extremely useful resource for more people than we can even imagine right now.

I'm really not sure what my opinions are for everything right now, so I'm leaving them out. Please give me your opinions though and hopefully we can have a fairly set layout before too long and we can all start contributing.

In the meantime I'm going to go get my 5 contribution points...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I started adding SP paths to the difficulty level like this. If this is not a good idea then we can change this but i have gotten up to BiF done so its not a total waste of time if it needs or should be moved

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmajr wrote:
I started adding SP paths to the difficulty level like this. If this is not a good idea then we can change this but i have gotten up to BiF done so its not a total waste of time if it needs or should be moved

I defintely think that this is a good start, if nothing else. However I do find it quite funny that you list the "No SP" path under a header saying "Star Power Paths".

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
chemmajr wrote:

I defintely think that this is a good start, if nothing else. However I do find it quite funny that you list the "No SP" path under a header saying "Star Power Paths".

Yea lol i noticed this too but i guess i just started with it and just kept the same format. But technically you can create star power paths with the chart so I guess it is ok

EDIT:
If you want to help it would be cool cause there are a lot of songs

like if you take an orange and jab forks into either side, it's not an orange any more....it's some kind of cyborg fruit

ACCOMPLISHMENTS!
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bigwilly13x
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 2:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chemmajr wrote:

EDIT:
If you want to help it would be cool cause there are a lot of songs

I sent in my proofs earlier today but no contribution points yet. I'll be helping as soon as I can, though, don't worry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Wiki Brainstorming All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: