ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Interesting Drum tidbits

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PaulAtredites  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 8:23 pm    Post subject: Interesting Drum tidbits Reply with quote

I was messing around with the timing window and such and found out some things that might help.
The main thing I found was when you activate star power you cannot hit notes for a bit. There is small window for it, but it makes squeezing in the guitar sense much more difficult. If you activate too late, you won't be able to hit the note that you tried to squeeze, you won't break combo, but you'll have that much less star power to back end squeeze.
I was testing this by my self, so I can't really say how big the window is. I think I tried to work the activation in as a 16th note, and I was unable to play the subsequent 8th note. I am unsure, though, it should probably be investigated.

I also found double note like RY are treated separately and I can hit them with one hand. Not too helpful, but good to know

Finally, I found the audio track play what you did last on snare and bass drum. If you missed the hit before, it will not play on the second hit, if you hit it it will. High hat always went, and I couldn't really run crash or low tom tests. This is just for fun.
TL;DR: The timing window for Drum SP is rather large, so keep that in mind while squeezing.

HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Re: Interesting Drum tidbits Reply with quote

Well from my personal experiences this is what I've come up with in a response to your theories.

You CAN hit the notes immediately after you activate SP but it will also hit them for you if you choose not to play them. I often play just the bass note of the next notes and I still don't break combo. I believe you have a timing window's length of "free notes" before you need to start playing again. You cannot say a timing window is a 16th or 8th note wide. That just doesn't make sense with different BPMs.

There is no such thing as a front-end squeeze anymore. Right when you activate is when you start hitting notes under SP. You want to activate JUST before a note and then on the back-end hit it early so it will count under SP. This greatly limits our timing windows for squeezing anything beyond a regular "1% squeeze" on guitar. (I hope that last part made sense)

Hopefully we can all put our theories together and figure out how this game works.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: