ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
On or Off Beat SP?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ellemennt75  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: On or Off Beat SP? Reply with quote

I'm not sure if I should be activating between beats or on beat. Do you get the same amount for both, or does activation off beat give you an extra "hit"?

Also... Can you hit the bass pedal while activating and not break a streak? I would go test it out, but I'm lazy.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: Ellemennt75
TheRaw  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you talking about the Rockband kit? It may not matter anyway...
You can activate in between notes which isn't always an off beat but you won't break your combo.

For the Rockband kit:
If you have Blue note coming up, you can hit it at the same time at the Yellow pad and it will activate SP without killing your streak. It also works vice versa.
Sometimes I've broken my combo when trying to do that though so I'm not sure if I just didn't hit the pads at the same exact time or what.

Also, yeah, you can usually hit the bass pedal while doing the above and you won't break your combo.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that I was able to activate on beat. There was a song (Forgot the name of it, sorry) that was just consistent Red notes for majority of the song. If you activate on the next note and jump right back, there's a small window of forgiveness where you can come back and not ruin your combo.

Of course, this would all be dandy for me if my red pad would listen to me. Half the time, I'm mashing on it, other times, I'm barely tapping it. I have yet to figure out my set.
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine always misses if I use the kick pedal while activating. :\

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
0v3rki11  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can activate SP while kicking the bass pedal... I always activate on the beat because then at least I know that I'm still within the beat of the song... it's much easier on stuff like Scream Aim Fire, Overkill, Hot For Teacher, etc...

I still need a GH game >.<
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: