ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
rock band 1 drum set

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peerless  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:57 am    Post subject: rock band 1 drum set Reply with quote

Hey,

I know I should just try it but does the rock band 1 drum set work for ghwt? Doesn't the new drum set have 5 buttons where as my rock band 1 set only has 4..right?
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lulz. Yes it will work. There will be 4 lanes of notes coming down along with bass pedal. All drum charts are recharted for the RB drums kits so it would still be played correctly. Scores on ScoreHero (but not online) are separated by the different drum kits. You activate Star Power by hitting the yellow and blue pads in unison.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, I wouldn't have expected them to do something like that. So its literally a different game depending on the drum set you use. interesting..
Master15  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont think they "Recharted" anything, the engine just transform any hit on the left cymbals to yellow pad and every right cymbal hit to the blue pad.

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure they didnt rechart anything so the competition's drum set would work with their game, just coded the engine to re-route a certain lane to another.
Tarento  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So then...
GHWT -> RB
Red -> Red
Yellow -> Yellow
Orange -> Blue
Green -> Green
Blue -> ???
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tarento wrote:
So then...
GHWT -> RB
Red -> Red
Yellow -> Yellow
Orange -> Blue
Green -> Green
Blue -> ???

This may be correct, I'm not sure though. I'll do some testing in a little while if I have time to let you know. They HAD to have recharted the song in some cases because it's just not possible for it to be automatically correct in every situation.

Alright I tested Misery Business on Expert and got pretty expectable results:

GHWT -> RB
Red -> Red
Yellow -> Yellow
Orange -> Blue
Green -> Green
Blue -> Blue

The only questionable one was Blue -> Blue and that occurred EVERY time that I noticed a blue note. I would say it's safe to assume that charts are automatically rewritten using the format above. Not guaranteed though.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The annoying thing about the RB drums with WT though, is that on songs with 16th notes (everlong) the cymbal is yellow instead of red.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
The annoying thing about the RB drums with WT though, is that on songs with 16th notes (everlong) the cymbal is yellow instead of red.

Crazy Train and possibly some others are this way. It's annoying enough as it is on the World Tour set. On the RB kit you either have to turn lefty flip on or learn to play left handed on a right handed part. It's so stupid and they should have fixed this before releasing the game. I don't think they could ever patch this because people without XBL wouldn't have their note charts changed.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:

I experimented this only once in GH:WT, given I havent played every song, but when it happened, the pad hit between the hi-hat notes was on blue (I guess it was a snare, unless it a song with a string of hi-hat with tom hit inbetween), is it the same for everlong, or they make you hit red? Because from the picture I've seen, the "Snare" pad on the GH:WT drum is left of the "Hi-Hat" cymbal anyway, which would make it just as akward as playing hi-hat on yellow and snare in between on red.
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Master15 wrote:
cobainage1994 wrote:

I experimented this only once in GH:WT, given I havent played every song, but when it happened, the pad hit between the hi-hat notes was on blue (I guess it was a snare, unless it a song with a string of hi-hat with tom hit inbetween), is it the same for everlong, or they make you hit red? Because from the picture I've seen, the "Snare" pad on the GH:WT drum is left of the "Hi-Hat" cymbal anyway, which would make it just as akward as playing hi-hat on yellow and snare in between on red.

Well you can position the hi-hat so that it is directly above the snare which means you can still hit it with your right hand although it is still very awkward. The only way for me to pass this song was to play it on lefty flip.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 06, 2008 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HoorayItsMike wrote:
Lulz. Yes it will work. There will be 4 lanes of notes coming down along with bass pedal. All drum charts are recharted for the RB drums kits so it would still be played correctly. Scores on ScoreHero (but not online) are separated by the different drum kits. You activate Star Power by hitting the yellow and blue pads in unison.

.. I hit like every button on the drum kit, and nothing showed up star power. I even tried to the little D-Pad. I'm dumb, I didn't think of hitting two at once well now I know how. (:

My first first! haha
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2008 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GHWT -> RB
Red -> Red
Yellow -> Yellow
Orange -> Blue or yellow/green if the blue is already being used by another drum
Green -> Green
Blue -> Blue

Slight correction. I am not sure which one it becomes though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: