ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Starpower: Tilt or not?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stxbomber191  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 11:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me it depends what guitar I'm using.

The only guitar on which I use exclusively select is the RB Strat. I use exclusively tilt on the Xplorer (I wonder why). And I use both methods on the Les Paul.

Granted, I don't really go for high scores on guitar so I can't really relate in this case.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tilting for me. I can play just as well while raising the guitar as when it is in its normal position. Plus it is more in the spirit of the game and can be very satisfying. In comparison 'selecting' can seem wussy and clinical. My first guitar was the Xplorer so it was not practical to press back button for me anyway.

To be honest I'm not at the level where extreme squeezes would help me much though and tilting is good enough for my needs.

Saying that though the new starpower button on the excellent new GH:WT guitar does look reachable for me so I may have to start practising hitting it.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: stubbs99 PSN Name: stubbs99/xanadu314
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NfskMjmMal2 wrote:

Generally, select activating/squeezing is harder to learn, but easier to master. Tilt activating/squeezing is easier to learn, but harder to master.

That quote sums it up. There are a lot of very good tilt squeezers out there, but you will generally be a better squeezer if you decide to use the back button. I believe that most tilt squeezers are tilt squeezers because it's still difficult for them to activate using the back button at all. I believe that if they learned how to do it and it became almost second nature, that they would prefer back button squeezing over tilt squeezing. But that's just speculation.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Defiantly select. Tilting is a bad habit to get into, and it's better to just never go there.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger PSN Name: iamalwayssto
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: