ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Add 5 star cut off to Manage Scores page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:42 pm    Post subject: Add 5 star cut off to Manage Scores page Reply with quote

First of all, thanks Jcirri for this amazing website. If it weren't for this site, i would have gotten board with this game a long time ago.

I had an idea, who knows if it's a new one or not.

Is there anyway you could add something similar to a spread on a users manage score page that shows how far away they are from reaching 5*'s. Just thought it'd be an interesting feature for the newer guys and people battling to get 5*'s (myself being one of those guys).

If someone else has already suggested this, sorry.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would be an interesting feature. I'm not sure if JC will do it, mainly because not all of the cutoffs are proven yet.

Memo to self: get off my lazy ass and prove more cutoffs.
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:26 am    Post subject: glad you brought that up Reply with quote

Before i posted this, i realized that and forgot to add this to my original post:

Has anyone condsidered simply asking Harmonix or Red Octane the cutoffs. I don't see why they would mind disclosing it. All we really need to know is the base score right, then it's just multiplying that by 2, 3, 4, and 5 (4-7* respectivly)

Maybe it would be easier, with future hope of haveing 6* and possibly 7*, of simply having a "spread to next star" or something like that
MaximusDM  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the begining they didn't even want to tell people how the star system worked. And people would give out all different answers about how it was how high your percentage is, how many star powers you got, how big your combo was. A good amount of people believed that it had nothing to do with score until people started prooving their theories wrong.

At that time many people asked how it worked exactly by e-mailing them and then they would respond with very indirect answers.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not that i don't believe you, beause i do, but that just sounds strage. what's the big deal about people knowing the star cutoffs. What do they have to loose by sharing that information. i doubt any of you know, i'm just wondering outloud.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Along with the 6 and 7 star ratings, this is another possibility that can be done once all the cutoffs have been proven. So for anyone wanting this feature, all I can say is to help prove the cutoffs quicker.

And as for emailing RO/Harmonix to find the cutoffs, I was one of the people who requested information about the cutoff system (before I spent countless hours proving things and figuring it all out myself) and I did not receive any reply.

This was my email:
Quote:
Harmonix Development Team:

I am the administrator of scorehero.com, a site dedicated to tracking and ranking players' scores.

First, I'd like to thank the developers for such a wonderful game.

I've got one question. There is much debate as to how the 3-star to 5-star ratings are calculated. I've done much testing myself and all my results lead me to strongly believe that the score value determines the ratings. Meaning that there are ranges of scores that correspond to each rating, and that the ranges vary from song to song.

On behalf of myself and the users of my site, and as avid fans of the game, we would greatly appreciate it if you could simply confirm or reject this theory regarding the game's rating system. As I'm continuing to develop the site, my future planning depends on this information.

Thanks again and I look forward to your response.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fair enough, i'm working on unsung right now. I've got a pic of a 5* at 261624 making the spread only about 175 points.

one thought on this, any possible way you could alert a person who is submitting a score in that "unknown" area to take a picture. you know how that thing pops up that says "you have entered a score inconsistent with the star rating" or whatever it says. if someone enters a score in unproven range, make a little message that pops up and says "please take a picture, youre score falls in an unknown star rating, help us out" or whatever, i think you get the idea

again, Jcirri i can't thank you enough for this sight and for listening to mine and other peoples ideas, and actually taking the time to respond so thouroughly

*edit* got unsung done, that took way to long! 261590 is 4* and 261591 is 5*

*double edit* wanna hear the sad part, i didn't even know there was a crowd cheat to not fail a song till 3 minutes ago. I actually go those 2 scores legit. Boy i feel dumb, but then again, i guess its kinda cool.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Website Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: