Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 73, 74, 75  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's see about those Cubbies:

Released Kerry Wood (freakin finally!)
Acquired Kevin Gregg and Milton Bradley
Traded Jason Marquis for Luis Vizciano

Meh, decent winter IMO. Our starting pitchers are pretty much set, but we needed help in the 'pen, so good for the Cubs on getting a closer and backup closer. We'll see how they do this year; I want a damn championship already!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
bdawg95  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:

What was Kerry even playing last season? I heard that he was like playing closer, along with like 50 other positions.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
BigE  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigE wrote:
Anyways - I'm a huge Yankees fan and am looking forward to the season. Joba's going to start the year in the 'pen; I don't necessarily agree - but it probably will pay off.

In addition to to the Yanks I'm just a huge baseball fan in general. That's usually evidenced by the 5-8 fantasy leagues I am a part of. So, I'll give you all a little preview.

Division Winners:
AL East - Yankees - why not? It probably will be the Red Sox...but I don't care.
Al Central - Detroit - this is my AL world series participant if they stay healthy. Cleveland might give them a run...but Detroit is stacked.
AL West - Angels - I want to pick the Mariners...but Angels have a better offense and better pitching. That usually leads to you being a better team.
Wild Card - Red Sox...as much as I hate them and would rather have the Indians in.
NL East - Braves - kind of the odd pick here. But I like the way the Braves are put together. Right mix of young and experienced. I think the Mets have no pitching after Santana and the Phils have no pitching after Hamels (injury liability).
NL Central - Cubs - i know, i know, the Cubs. But, I like the team, and a healthy, full year from Soriano should be great. I want to pick Milwaukee, but the Cubs have better pitching.
NL West - D'Backs - Easily the hardest division to pick. But the D'Backs had a great year last year WITHOUT Dan Haren (Cy Young candidate in the AL! last year). Should be even better. But I like Torre, the Rocks, and even the Pads.
Wild Card - Phillies. Too much offense to stay out of the playoffs.

World Series Winner - Congratulations Detroit!

MVP AL - Miggy Cabrera, 2nd Place - A-Rod
MVP NL - Soriano (probably not...if the Mets end up in the playoffs: David Wright)
Cy Young AL - John Lackey
Cy Young NL - Brandon Webb (Santana if the Mets are in the playoffs)
NL ROY - Fukudome (tho watch out for Jay Bruce)
AL ROY - Jacoby Ellsbury (though watch out for Evan Longoria)

Look Out For - Justin Upton/Kevin Kouzmanoff

I've never actually put down one of these on record before. So, it'll be interesting to look back on this in October (or even May for that matter). Looking forward to this season!

Let's see how I did last year: Wrong with all my awards picks....but Brandon Webb and John Lackey had stellar years...and I almost got Evan Longoria.
Right with the Cubs, Angels, Red Sox, and right that Phillies would make the Playoffs. Wrong with other division winners.

Anyway - I'm pumped for the season b/c of my team's massive spending spree - which actually made the payroll LESS!!
Sabathia, Texeira, and Burnett. While, I HATE AJ Burnett, I love the other 2. Somehow we have to get Nick Swisher off the team. Or - we swoop in and sign Manny!! (not gonna happen, but it'd be fun).
I'll hold off on predictions for now....just b/c some major Free Agents have yet to sign: Manny, Dunn, Abreu, etc.

To the Cubs fan - add that you guys traded Wuertz and Rich Hill away too. Not a big deal - but I actually am a big Rich Hill fan. I think he'll win 10 or so games in Baltimore.

Oh and Kaiser - I miss you. And I miss these boards.

My Sig Was Apparently Too Large.
Shotgunmerc  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you should have a list of all teams and their respective fans

ill be the first and last person to join the Pirates fan list

a funny video of me choking on Monkey Wrench will go here once i get my GH2 log
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: Shotgunmerc
guitarslayer666  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdawg95 wrote:
RLKDragon wrote:

What was Kerry even playing last season? I heard that he was like playing closer, along with like 50 other positions.

has kerry wood done anything since that 20K game like 10 years ago?

Brockbfball1563 wrote:

Everyone's forgetting the real way. Contrary to popular belief, dropping your pants onstage actually does deploy star power. Either that or I made a complete ass of myself at my last tournament.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bobosageto
Friedmannn  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

R.I.P.
All Respect Towards Alex Rodriguez
1994-2003

josh84  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ha! Serves you right A*-Roid!

Shit, piss, fuck, cunt, cocksucker, motherfucker, and tits
R.I.P. George Carlin 1936-2008

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FINALLY! Now I'll just rub this A-Rod news into my friends' faces. Especially the friends that calls him "A God." I knew this about A-Rod all along.
RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 5:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdawg95 wrote:
RLKDragon wrote:

Minors, with some time in the pen. But he really wasn't much use to us last year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
mgoblue3296  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:

Acquired Kevin Gregg and Milton Bradley
Traded Jason Marquis for Luis Vizciano

Meh, decent winter IMO. Our starting pitchers are pretty much set, but we needed help in the 'pen, so good for the Cubs on getting a closer and backup closer. We'll see how they do this year; I want a damn championship already!

It's been 101 years since the curse. Therefore our 100 years did not end last year, but this year.

Yet we still know they'll find a way to blow it. Did anyone see the SNL Weekend Update during the election with the debate when Bill Murray asked Obama and McCain what to do about the Cubs? Being a Cubs fan I thought it was HILARIOUS. I'll give a link to the video if wanted.
Alakaiser  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Goddammit A-Rod. You were supposed to be the one. Even if you were on the Yankees, you were supposed to beat Bonds and do it clean.

I shouldn't be shocked anymore, I know that steroid use rules all major sports now. I was accepting of it at one point, I guess I should go back to that.

Want to see totally exciting updates in my life in 140 characters or less? Check out my Twitter!
joerod  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RLKDragon wrote:

Die in the fieriest of fires.

Alakaiser wrote:
Goddammit A-Rod. You were supposed to be the one. Even if you were on the Yankees, you were supposed to beat Bonds and do it clean.

I shouldn't be shocked anymore, I know that steroid use rules all major sports now. I was accepting of it at one point, I guess I should go back to that.

Sigh.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alakaiser wrote:

HAHA! I knew it! Hank deserves it the most out of everyone. HA!

Sorry, Braves fan kicking in. But it really is sad to see so many great players do that crap. (sheds tear)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: bwakaflocka
skinnywhitecomic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bdawg95 wrote:
Alakaiser wrote:

Sorry, Braves fan kicking in. But it really is sad to see so many great players do that crap. (sheds tear)

A-Rod allegedly tested positive while he was with the Rangers, not the Yankees. I don't see how anyone in the Yankee organization should "deserve" anything from this. Statements like that are simply ignorant because everyone wants to hate the Yankees. If he had been traded to the Orioles, would you say that Peter Angelos deserves it?

You can hate A-Rod if he's tested postive for steroids, if he's an asshole, or if he's not a clutch player...just don't hate him because he's a Yankee.

ManfredvonKarma  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2009 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skinnywhitecomic wrote:
bdawg95 wrote:

A-Rod allegedly tested positive while he was with the Rangers, not the Yankees. I don't see how anyone in the Yankee organization should "deserve" anything from this. Statements like that are simply ignorant because everyone wants to hate the Yankees. If he had been traded to the Orioles, would you say that Peter Angelos deserves it?
I think he was referring to Hank Aaron deserving the record the most, not Hank Steinbrenner most deserving to have to deal with it.

It's really a shame to see A-Rod involved in steroids like that. He's always been an amazing ballplayer, and the hope of many to bring validity back to the sport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 73, 74, 75  Next
Page 10 of 75

Jump to: