ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RB2 Drums or GH:WT Drums

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CaRBoN  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 26, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: RB2 Drums or GH:WT Drums Reply with quote

So i just got GH:WT yesterday. I also own RB2 and just used the drums from that. So my question is which is better for this game overall. I noticed some of the chartings are weird because of the "missing" pad, so would getting a GH:WT Drum set make things easier/more enjoyable? Also where can i buy just the drum set.

Thanks.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SP3CIALAG3NTBOB PSN Name: ShadoWMessiaH
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HIGHLY reccomend getting the WT set to play WT with. It is quite a bit different. I personally feel that playing the game with the WT set is much more realistic to real drumming.

It is really annoying playing RB with the WT kit however, so the general concensus is that you are better off using the drum kit that was designed for the game...
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

World Tour doesn't really have that many fun drum songs as RB2, but playing with the WT kit is really fun because it feels a lot better and more realistic.
CaRBoN  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is there just a place to get the Guitar Hero Drums? Because i haven't found any yet.
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SP3CIALAG3NTBOB PSN Name: ShadoWMessiaH
Fliiiii  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now playing on my RB1 kit, works just fine ofc, but yeah like its been said before, play WT kit for WT game

I ordered a full set (and a tv, and an xbox ;) ) wich comes in today, so ill let u know how that works out compared to the RB1 drums.

I did notice tho that for songs like for example everlong, where u have red red red blue blue blue green green green fast rolls, its easier if its just next to eachother, instead of the gap for yellow u have to cross...
Namu  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Best is to use each drum kit for the game it was designed for. If you manage to get your hands on a decent WT drum kit (one that DOESN'T have an orange cymbal that starts malfunctioning after a couple of days, and even so, I guess there's still the MIDI USB cable and the drum tuner) you'll find that WT is much more enjoyable (and feels slightly more realistic) to play than with the RB kit.

On the other hand, drumming in RB should preferably de done with the RB drum kit, RB charts are designed specifically with the RB drum kit in mind, and it shows. I play RB with the WT drum kit and sometimes find it slightly uncomfortable when I have to do quick drum rolls or difficult combinations that involve yellow. Since on the RB drum kit the yellow pad is of equal height it's much more accessible, but quickly doing a drum roll going from red all the way to green, it's not very practical when you have to go up to hit the cymbal, then down again to hit blue. Also, hitting blue in combination with yellow (since in RB yellow can also perform the function of a tom, whereas in WT, its always a cymbal) feels kinda weird.

EskimoTrousers wrote:
so that makes namu sexier than 2 scoreheros?
CaRBoN  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea post here on how you feel about the GH:WT set. And still does anyone know if just the drums has been released yet??
Trogdon  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

February 20th.
Fliiiii  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok ive gotten my stuff in yesterday, set it up (btw my new tv is too enourmous ^^).

Things that are different:

RB drumkit has a basspedal that feels more natural, however it seems the WT drumkit can take more of a beating. Thing i really dislike is how the basspedal is not connected to anything compared to the RB kit, where it can be placed over the connecting bars on the bottom.
Ive played a couple of songs with it. Now im not the best at it , just switched from medium to hard. So theres quite alot more bassdrum going on for me. I have it placed on a stone floor (small compressed gravel) but the basspedal just keeps slipping away from me, and halfway trough the song im happy for a free section so i can pull it back...

So the basspedal, i prefer the RB one, but thats cus i cant get it to stick in the same place. Even ended up building a little box of my PS3, a cd and a PSP to hold it

The cymbals are a great addition, but the sensitivity you allmost HAVE to change. The yellow doenst reply that good at all, depends where u hit it. Ofc thats with all the drums the case, but it seems to have a couple 'blind' spots. Also advicing to not rise them too much, specially if its all abit wobbly. The vibrations get only higher if u rise them, so they could activate from whacking on the red blue or greens...
The general feel of the cymbals is awesome tho, its so natural and just seems more a real drum.

The WT pads are way more quiet (also the cymbals, wich u cant really hear at all). The 'hit harder hear louder' is also very nicely done. Finally know what those other notes are
Like i said before, if you want a few drumrolls, its mostly red blue greens... Way easier if they are just together like on the WT kit.
About that, if you are used to the RB kit, it will take some time before u figure out the blue is NOT next to the yellow (how many times ive hit orange then allready omg) I advise to play a song like l'via l'viaquez (or something somethng) , the 'quiet' parts on Hard. Theres alot of different easy to play drum combos that u can use to get a hang of the new setup.

Overall, WT drums is better, i like the RB basspedal more tho, so im thinking about getting a custom basspedal for the WT drumkit.

Hope this was a help , if not, i just wasted 30min of my time ^^
ABee1010  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the WT bass pedal, it has velcro on the bottom that will stick to most carpets pretty well. If you play on a stone floor, your best bet is to get yourself a small piece of scrap carpet to set your drums on. Be sure it is big enough to set your chair on too, or the whole piece of carpet will just slide away from you. Alot of times you can find scrap carpet in the dumpsters behind carpet stores, or on garbage day in front of apartments...
Fliiiii  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 29, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advise

My girlfriends dad installs carpet every day so shouldnt be too hard to get my hands on it

edit: Get a towel and slap it under your basspedal. Works just as well if not better (lighter and more flat). Just make sure ur chair is on it to hold it all in place.

I made the mistake to just put my drumkit on it, started playing no sleep till brooklyn with my basspedal straight under my feel, and ended up having to stretch my legs really far just pressing my toes down and having a sore foot in the end. I took measure and ended up kicking my drumkit a good meter away from me
SocialDestroyer  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2009 9:29 am    Post subject: GH:WT V.S. RB/RB2 (Drums) Reply with quote

Ok the GH:WT kit is better to play w/ because you have the symbols...
But rock band has added a symbols to use for your rb2 kit witch you
can buy at gamestop for 30$ (2 pack including yellow and green symbol) (blue symbol sold seprate) rock band Overdrive activation appose to GH:WT's Starpower activation to my oppinion is better because you get to make your own fill and activate, but with GH:WT activation you just hit both the symbols at the same time so that takes the fun out of it and can make u choke and miss notes if your looking to go for full combos
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: