ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bullet in the coffin? or is it nail? Another PS3-fail thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DevilMayAsian  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't completely rule out the PS3 doing well. Most new consoles don't do as well as the Wii is doing. The PS2 was only doing so-so until FFX and GTA3 came out, but things look a bit different with the PS3. VERY different. Some analysts are still predicting the PS3 to come on top, but I just don't see how they'd think that with all of the exclusives Sony has been losing. The only assuring software source they have are first party titles. As great as they are (GoW3... ), they can't depend on those to sell consoles. They have too little to offer.

Proud I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Devil May Asian PSN Name: DevilMayAsian
SantaApe  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DevilMayAsian wrote:
I wouldn't completely rule out the PS3 doing well. Most new consoles don't do as well as the Wii is doing.

That's exaclty how I feel. The reason I think the Wii is doing well is because it's a brandnew concept for a system. I admit I played the wii and I had a lot of fun with it because it was unlike anything else.
SilverSwift  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

True, this has just started. The PS2 launch was terrible, but it ended up romping the competition- perhaps the same will happen with the PS3...who knows?

The Wii is selling primarily due to three things (as I see it): the controller gimmick (which has become less a gimmick and more a genuine contender for 'most awesome innovation ever'), the fact that it appeals to a broader age range than the other two (adults on Wii sports, and such), and Zelda. Zelda fanboys will always boost Nintendo sales.

That said, the Wii doesn't have fantastic graphics to fall back on- whilst graphics aren't everything (far from it), they do contribute. Nintendo's Wii has to last for a number of years...and eventually, it'll fall majorly behind the PS3 and 360 in that regard. That's not to say it won't do well (I think it will), but it could make a difference a few years down the line.

Of course, the fact that Sony have made such huge errors so consistently is really costing them. As has been said before, a lot of people won't buy a PS3 simply due to Sony's arrogance/idiocy. The best thing they could've done (they have the cash for it, too), is thrown a curveball and halved the price of the console. They would've lost money, but at least got a lot more fans, and perhaps made up the difference eventually.

Just my two cents. Product exclusivity is something I know nothing about, so I'm staying the hell away from that.

emptyset wrote:
I should ban you all and never look back.
Squirrel  

Location: Wyano, PA (Come visit! My gameroom is always open.)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SantaApe wrote:
IMO most people are going to be eating their words (not sure if thats a good expression but w/e) once the PS3 gets up and running. I'm pretty sure every system starts out slow. The only reason no one complained about the Xbox 360 was because it was the first next-gen console out, and the Wii was just a new concept to everyone so thats why that was instantly welcome.

Basically I feel that everyone is make too many assumptions too early. Once the PS3 gets some the of the better software out on the market then it will start doing better. I'm not knocking the other consoles I'm just saying the PS3 isn't going to be as bad as everyone is saying it is.

Thats just my opinion. You can take it or leave it.

The thing about the 360 is that microsoft wasn't nearly as arrogant as Sony was demonstrating, even at one point calling their fans "sheep" that they can just release a console with absolutely no games and people will buy the ps3.

With that, I'm not getting a sony product ever, not after what they did to Lik-Sang. I still can't find a psx to SNES adapter

The ps2 was an exception as it came out when Sony was an okay company. That and GH2.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Gaming Discussion (Non-Music Games) All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Page 6 of 6

Jump to: