ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Why are there no more Computer Generated Charts?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
snowyporpoise  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 7:14 pm    Post subject: Why are there no more Computer Generated Charts? Reply with quote

Whatever happened to those paths that the computer created (ie, Bradleyzoo, Slowhero)? Why do we have to create our own paths for the new games? Is it because of the overlapping star power?

Not a big deal, its just kind of inconvenient not knowing 100% for sure the optimal path.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do think it's because of the overlapping SP, it would just be complicated to design a program that would calculate everything necessary and put the activations on the right spots. The biggest problem is whammying while you have SP activated, I think. That or people are lazy to design it .

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger Wii Friend Code: 438237975587
NavyCherub  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are computer-generated paths on the Rock Band side now, so I doubt it's because of the overlapping starpower.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think they said they're are focusing on their jobs/lives? I'm not sure though. Or maybe they got too bored with it.
I just put in a 500GB HD in my PS3 I dont want to have to buy a new one already
TheTrueSatanist  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, but tma would have to tweak that code to get it to work with GH.

I think it's to let pathers attempt to make good paths. For example, Sully made a protest about the CGP at the RB side.

Really, I think it's great. Instead of new paths for new games, I'd like co-op paths for GH2-GH:A.

Some slogans for Scorehero, courtesy of Sloganizer
Scorehero. Impossible is nothing
I'd sleep with Scorehero
Some for TheTrueSatanist:
Jesus loves TheTrueSatanist
TopGearFTW  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ThunderAlex wrote:
I do think it's because of the overlapping SP, it would just be complicated to design a program that would calculate everything necessary and put the activations on the right spots. The biggest problem is whammying while you have SP activated, I think. That or people are lazy to design it .

We have computer generated paths for all instruments and all songs on the rock band side. At least I think it's all songs, I haven't checked them in a while.

First recorded GS of Black Magic on PS3! I almost feel proud. >__>
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: TopGearFTW
Pas26  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NavyCherub wrote:
There are computer-generated paths on the Rock Band side now, so I doubt it's because of the overlapping starpower.

Yea, and it took a reaaaaally long time to make the program IIRC. We just need someone to take this program and convert it for GH (Not too hard, just removing early whammy and fixing the extended sutains problem with the charts).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least all games from GHWT to GHSH use basically the same engine so that there would need to be only one program for all those games. It will be a different story, however, once GH5 comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No one's bothered to do it yet. That's the only reason.

It just takes a lot of work. The main problem with converting the Rock Band one to work with GHWT, GHM and GHSH would be parsing the charts (which tma's program does already) and then adapting the program to use those. Someone just needs to do it and I'm not all that interested in it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or maybe their intentions are to, you know, make you quit being lazy and work out the paths yourselves.....It is possible to do it without a computer generating the path which is something alot of people dont seem to realize.

I Don't Suck at GH
Xpertlefty13 quoting me in his Acc Thread wrote:
Honestly, thank you

This is the first real, well thought-out explanation I've seen
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Rawrspoon  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IIRC OD is consumed at a different rate than SP, so a direct conversion won't be possible. (I think)
footballtom3685  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Somebody attributed the low use of the wiki to a lack of paths, and the paths having to be put up manually
I totally agree with that, and as I said in that thread I would love to try to make a program to do it. I only have a year of experience coding but I think with help from others and some struggling and learning along the way I could make such a program. Because the URL's for each song on the wiki use specific naming conventions it could definitely be possible to automate things, and it would also make the wiki much more popular.

Of course others are more qualified than I am, and I wouldn't really know where to start (how to input the chart and output an image would be the difficulties for me), but I would love to try this if anyone else wants to help me out.
valioso  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if its supposed to be a competitive game for the top players, how is everyone getting a path generated by a computer helping the competition?
SmugDuckling  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rawrspoon wrote:
IIRC OD is consumed at a different rate than SP, so a direct conversion won't be possible. (I think)

Not a problem. That's a simple variable that can be changed. Of course there would be other similar things that would need to be changed as well, but nothing too difficult that I can see.

If there's anyone with technical experience who wants to try making a conversion of my Rock Band pather to work with Guitar Hero, let me know and we can talk about it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

valioso wrote:
if its supposed to be a competitive game for the top players, how is everyone getting a path generated by a computer helping the competition?

Because GH2 and GH3's competition were sure ruined by the machine paths!

There totally wasn't a bazillion-page thread on this exact topic on the Rock Band side. Anything you have to say about machine paths vs. not machine paths has already been said by about a dozen different people already.

The only thing stopping machine paths for WT onward is lack of interest from the people with the ability to make them.

My goals:
Put an X in this box: [why is this so hard]

stuff i''ve done, it''s been updated now which is weird
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: