ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
BYOB - Drums - Send the Poor 1 and 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 10:48 pm    Post subject: BYOB - Drums - Send the Poor 1 and 2 Reply with quote

This part makes me feel like every beat I do is offbeat. I can generally FC most of the rest of the song but I fail at this part EVEN UNDER SP with the new, totally stupid and absolutely ridiculous rock meter. Expert by the way. I've tried going into practice and I can FC it on slow but on fast I'm not really sure what the hell I'm doing. I've tried hitting just the snare and hi-hat while under SP and I STILL failed. I'm only looking for tips to pass, not to combo.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Star Power + Snare + Hi-Hat + every other bass pedal? Just a thought, I haven't tried it yet.

I know on Rock Band people would leave out the snare under star power to be able to pass but I don't know how effective that is here.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
Briane  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The part that I failed about 8 times in a row was just after that:

http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=0nkmmT89KsY

Around the 2:30, the "Where the fuck are you" part.

If you get offbeat at all, you can fail in less than a second, the rock meter is incredible...

I had a FC going til that part, then boom, failed in literally under a second.

Even with star power, it's still easy to fail.

First time passing that, beat the rest no problem and 5-starred it.

For me in this song, it's just tempo, which seems to change. It's not techincally hard but you can fail unbelievably quickly.
RonBurgvndy  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This song pisses me off. Even with the ridiculously huge time window, if I miss once it seems to have this domino effect and I fail within a second. In rockband I would just use overdrive and hit the hi-hat and bass and I could pass easily. Try that out.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
GH:WT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FCed up until second Send The Poor. Then insta-failed.

Seriously, this blows. But, I found playing heel down tends to make me stay on rhythm longer. Just for this passage, though.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
HoorayItsMike  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I ended up passing it first try with a RB1 kit...which kind of makes me angry, but whatever. They really did screw up the rock meter in this game for sure though. Could you imagine trying to even pass One?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay the easiest way I've found to beat it is to use SP and only hit the Hi-hat and bass while not looking. I just listened for the bass beats.

Its funny because everything else in the song is pretty easy to FC.

My Drum Scores:
Rock Band
GH:WT
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RonBurgvndy
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I passed it today on my RB kit after failing it the first time. I don't know what I was doing differently or correctly, it just...worked. I guess I had enough internal rhythm/muscle memory to do it correctly.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
YaMaNick92  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

haha this is way late of a respond, but its part accuracy, and a larger part of luck... ive gone from fcing it in bqp before, to failing because i missed one note... just hope for the best, and obviously, sp
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good tip to do these blasting parts is to go into practice and slow it down first. It may be possible that activating starpower on the orange/bass note before the blasting begins may be screwing you up. The best way to get into the groove of the blast is to make SURE you hit the orange and bass note first, as they will lead you into the section. If you don't hit that note first, or happen to not activate starpower and miss it, you'll be all screwed up, playing a snare on the downbeat instead of a hihat/bass.

Just make sure you can keep up to speed before you actually try to combo. Once you get used to it you'll be able to combo without even looking :P

I used to fail on that part a little while after I got the game too, just try to get some speed and accuracy up before you can expect to nail it every time. Getting better overall at other songs will help you get better at this one

Btw, if you happen to feel like you're offbeat, if you can, stop all that you're doing and try to start on a note that you know you can hit and resume the pattern. A good example (but slow version) of this is during scream aim fire. Whenever you get offbeat with the red and yellow/bass, just stop and resume as quickly as possible when you know you can reset your thinking and resume the pattern.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: