ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
lol I'm a N00b

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 5:48 pm    Post subject: lol I'm a N00b Reply with quote

For some reason I just can't get past War Ensemble. It's not because of stamina issues, it's just that about 20 seconds into the song I manage to get off-tempo and I fail instantly. Any tips on how to stay on tempo?

Fatsausage  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try tapping your foot?

Or play with a metronome...

Edit for reading fail :/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First, make sure you have hyperspeed at a level you're comfortable with when playing these ridiculously fast songs. When I play songs as Caught in a Mosh or War Ensemble, I tend to do better when I play with hyperspeed 3 (as opposed to HS 2).

If this doesn't help, try playing the fast parts mostly by ear, only looking at the screen to see the variations in the rhythm. Raising the volume of the TV often helps when trying to find the beat.

If you still keep failing, you can also try to stop playing immediately when you notice you're getting off beat. Then continue playing one or two bass notes further and repeat this until you pass these sections.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
SpellcasterX  

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Generally what I do when I get off beat in War Ensemble, is stop playing for a second, then just play the Yellow/Bass, while playing the Yellow with two hands like its a moderately fast roll, and when I rebuild my stamina/tempo, I start playing it like normal.

Also, when you play the fast double bass, play it like you would in Expert, playing every other bass note, and pull a Jordan (activate SP when you need) if you need <_< it helps...if I try playing all the double bass I lose my tempo INSTANTLY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try playing with your heel up on the bass pedal for the fast sections, the main thing to try and do is focus on alternating kick pedal and snare, the cymbal hits are constant.

i had the same problem with TTFAF but once you find somethin comfortable as far as the bass pedal goes (playing heel up was mine) you'll find it much easier to get through it.

but like i said the key is to alternate your left hand and your foot so they arent hitting together
ApocalypseDao  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I probably posted in another place, make sure you hit the downbeat yellow+bass, as it will keep you moving through the part. I haven't played the song in a while, but I remember there's some crazy fill in before the main verse, so if you can, try to focus on the main downbeat hit, even if it means completely skipping that fill.
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

finally passed, but with shit stats lol

hydrapower  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RndmPrsnViola95 wrote:

Join the club.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
hairyhaggler  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hydrapower wrote:
RndmPrsnViola95 wrote:

Join the club.

Great news. ....................

Firstly just be happy with what you have been trying to do and thats pass the song. Now comes the next challenge and thats to work on your stats etc.Get through one task at a time as trying to do everything at once just confuses the issue.
Now you passed it the first time then passing again and again will become easier and so with it the score will increase.

ps , i cant play drums for shite, even on easy i cant co-ordinate my foot pedal and sticks in time with the beat.Imagine an octopus with full body tourettes syndrome and that pretty much sums me up when i sit at the drum kit.

I would just like to add that in no way am i picking fun or trying to offend anyone who may have full body tourettes.If anyone may be or is offended by my comment then please dont hesitate to pm me and i will edit my post.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: