ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Another drum bug?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
InTheDesert  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:28 pm    Post subject: Another drum bug? Reply with quote

Noticed at the end of 21st century schitzoid man, after the final drum hold my score is changing. First time I saw this it went up from 680k to 682k, then ran again to try up the score and ending the hold on 684k it DROPPED my score to 663k. To make sure it wasn't just me imagining this, ran it a 3rd time; my 3rd run was it even worse and probably happened on the first two without me noticing. After the first long red/green(rb kit) my score dropping from 690k to 670k, right before the last green before the freeform. Then after the final red/green it dropped again to 657k. This is on XBox 360 PAL version. All 3 runs have been 97% with 550ish note streaks.

Can anyone confirm this? and if it does happen to them and they have a camera, possibly film the end for proof?
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: In the Desert
hydrapower  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did notice that first happening in GHWT. I think the song for me where it happened was Sweet Home Alabama in the red sustain at the end. My score would go up during the sustain and then drop back down to some number at the end. I can't for the life of me, though, remember, if I got a net gain in points out of it.

I think these kind of glitched sustains was one of the reasons for 99% FC's in GHWT (i.e. you had an FC, no missed notes because of star power activations, no missed notes anywhere, no overhits). I believe they have since fixed the other reason, that being missed notes because of activation (but not actually breaking your combo).

Shame that they didn't fix this, though.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this also happened during two songs in WT: Antisocial and, as stated, Sweet Home Alabama.

The trick to beating this glitch (in WT at least) is to stop playing as soon as you see the end of the sustain, instead of playing it all the way through. This way, you will lose a very small amount of points, (which you *would* get if you'd play the full sustain, if it wasn't glitched) but those 25k+ points obviously make up for that.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Wii, the problem is different. Two of the orange sustains cannot be hit. Though I dunno if the score drop glitch occurs.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
someguy913  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to try not holding the sustains all the way soon. I was a little upset to see my 800k+ score drop to 784k. D:

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: someguy913ps PSN Name: someguy913
Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Green sustain at the end of DYFLWD does this too, although not so dramaticly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: