ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero Drums a lot harder than RB drums?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ipieteri  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Guitar Hero Drums a lot harder than RB drums? Reply with quote

Hey all,
I'm going to get a drumkit sometime soon. Probably a Guitar Hero one, but that isn't the main point.
I was wondering: Aren't FCs a LOT easier to get with RB drums rather than GH drums?
Also, does anyone know if the restyled drumkit gets released with Band Hero in Europe?

Regards,
Pieter

Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i'd say easier with the RB kit because of 4 lanes vs 5 lanes with the GH kit. but the games could adapt to this and add more note for the missing pad. not really an expert to this.

i hope you guy in Europe get the new drum with the Band Hero games.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cabanon wrote:
i'd say easier with the RB kit because of 4 lanes vs 5 lanes with the GH kit. but the games could adapt to this and add more note for the missing pad. not really an expert to this.

i hope you guy in Europe get the new drum with the Band Hero games.
Id say thats untrue if not the opposite of the truth. Although RB is 4 lanes, they are bad translations of the 5 lane charts with no regard for sticking. Some fills are just down right ridiculous, some are nearly impossible sticking.
ipieteri  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, in some way, RB drums are even harder to play?
and can anyone confirm the new drum kit with band hero for europeans?

Sulfurus  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It really depends on the song, and even the game. GH drums charts are designed with 5-lane in mind, so some stuff is really awkward to play on RB drums, like hi-hat rides in Everlong etc. Some stuff is easier to play on RB drums, since orange is squashed onto either the green or blue lane (depending on game) you have less pad changes to hit.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sulfurus wrote:
It really depends on the song, and even the game. GH drums charts are designed with 5-lane in mind, so some stuff is really awkward to play on RB drums, like hi-hat rides in Everlong etc. Some stuff is easier to play on RB drums, since orange is squashed onto either the green or blue lane (depending on game) you have less pad changes to hit.

This. Also, RB kits require zero vertical movement due to the "marching tenors" layout. However, due to the fact that the non-cymbal notes are charted to R, B, and G, there are a lot of times you have to due a lot more lateral movement than the GH kit.

Another thing worth noting is that you don't really lose all that much by losing a lane. It's not like two toms are being reduced to one or two cymbals being reduced to one. You just have a pad that shares as both. I think the layout differences FAR outweigh the differences caused by one pad being both a cymbal and a tom.

WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ccmoose wrote:
Sulfurus wrote:

This. Also, RB kits require zero vertical movement due to the "marching tenors" layout. However, due to the fact that the non-cymbal notes are charted to R, B, and G, there are a lot of times you have to due a lot more lateral movement than the GH kit.

Another thing worth noting is that you don't really lose all that much by losing a lane. It's not like two toms are being reduced to one or two cymbals being reduced to one. You just have a pad that shares as both. I think the layout differences FAR outweigh the differences caused by one pad being both a cymbal and a tom.

I pretty much agree with everything Sulfurus and ccmoose wrote. As much as I'd like the WT drums to be superior to the RB drums in terms of difficulty, the fact is they're about equally difficult and there should be no arguing over which one is harder.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
ipieteri  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone who responded!
And is it true that newly styled drumkits do not come with the release of bandhero in Europe, but sometime in 2010?
If that's true, that'd suck! My guitars are broken, stand alone guitars are e70 and I want a drumkit anyway, so I want to buy a bundle.

Edit: WarlordTm answered my question on another forum. So I think this forum can be closed now, unless someone else has something to add to it.

Benster26  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from what i have played of both fc are easier on rock band kit not just cos there i 1 less lane, but they are also much more reliable and drop less notes.

Back on the 11th!
Cabanon  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thnkx guys for arguing this. i didnt know about the transition and stuff like that.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Benster26 wrote:
from what i have played of both fc are easier on rock band kit not just cos there i 1 less lane, but they are also much more reliable and drop less notes.

I was going to say that. RB drums are 1000 times more reliable from my experience.

For lulz my Wiki and for My Youtube Channel

Free Bird since 11/9/2009
My only regret is that I only have one life to give for my Lord
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: Deak2112
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Deak2112 wrote:
Benster26 wrote:

I was going to say that. RB drums are 1000 times more reliable from my experience.

From personal experience, I have to agree with this. I've never played with the RB kit, but all three WT kit's I've had, (yep, already broke two of them) had faulty cymbals, mostly in the sense of sensitivity issues. I can never fully rely on them when I want to hit accents, I either 'miss' the accent or overhit, which is highly frustrating for me. It's even come to the point where I can't even imagine what it's like to not hold back every time I have to play an accented cymbal note, anxiously awaiting if it will overhit again.

Getting faulty cymbals could just be a case of bad luck though. Also, I've hardly ever had notes dropped (aside from when I needed to calibrate my kit's sensitivity) so I guess it's different for every WT kit.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
bucho  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too much "crossover" patterns in GH+RBkit. you have to cross your arms a lot . i don t like most of the charts
Xepher850  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rock Band drums are more stable, and in some situations MUCH harder because of their chart mapping. Having to lead with your left on fast disco beats is very difficult for most people, which is what you have to do.

MY ROCK BAND DRUM ACCOMPLISHMENTS
Will not remove from my signature until the whole debut album from Periphery is released as DLC
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: