ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
UK events at Scream bars

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PotatoSalad11  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:44 pm    Post subject: UK events at Scream bars Reply with quote

I've recently discovered that some Scream bars in the UK seem to be starting to host regular Guitar Hero competitions.

For those who aren't aware what Scream bars are - they're basically a chain of bars/small clubs aimed at students in the UK with super cheap drinks and usually very dirty nights out.

I just won one at a place called Robinskis in Manchester. It was split up into 4 heats on 4 consecutive weeks and the winner from each heat went through to the final the week after. For winning my heat I got a £15 iTunes voucher and for winning the final I won a Nintendo Wii with GHWT and all the GH instruments!

I'm not really sure how many Scream bars are hosting these at the moment but the flyer that I've got here seems to suggest that it's happening at more places than just the one. Might be worth phoning around a couple of local ones to see if they have any plans of hosting one. The one that I was in wasn't advertised at all - I only heard about it because my friends was a "fan" of this particular bar on Facebook and they sent out a message on the day of the last heat informing people of it. If you haven't worked it out already - these competitions are going to be for people aged 18+ only since they're in bars.

Also note that the flyer just suggests that you can win gig tickets so obviously all the prizes aren't going to be as good as the one that I won.

Here's a copy of the flyer (appologies for it being so large):

Also on a somewhat related note - one of my friends at Sheffield University informs me that they have weekly competitions at Sheffield Student's Union. That's literally all the information I have on this. I'd guess you have to be a student in Sheffield to be allowed to play in it as most students unions only allow students inside.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: PotatoSalad11
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Tournaments and Events All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: