ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Are Ions = WT drums score wise on GH5

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MofoMasta  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Are Ions = WT drums score wise on GH5 Reply with quote

Just gonna bump this thread because one little question doesn't deserve it's own thread and it kind of relates to the theme of this thread originally.

So yeah, Are Ions equal to WT drums score wise or are there little points here and there for WT drums?

Last edited by MofoMasta on Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 am; edited 1 time in total
ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:32 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 small questions, both sorta related to scoring. Reply with quote

MofoMasta wrote:
Just 2 quick questions that I've been curious about and been meaning to ask.

1) Has anyone figured out the cause behind losing or gaining 25 points at the start of songs? I'm sure everyones had this happen to them, and songs like Song 2 are a good example you either get 25, 50 or 75 even though there are no accents to hit. I assume this is just a glitch they didn't catch or didn't care enough about to fix, but I could be wrong.

It's caused by a "chord" being on the 10th, 20th, and 30th note. Hit one of the top charted notes before the bass to get the bass under the new multiplier. It's really odd, because the game counts it as 1 note towards a streak. It's probably related to the grace period between hits to count them as a note. (for an example, you can play as with one stick if you're quick enough)

Quote:

2) Does this game treat each note individually to register scoring? For example if you had a RY and you hit the Red early and got it under SP while you hit the Yellow late and didn't get it in time. Does that give you 600 for getting the Red, 800 if it gives you both or 400 for neither.

If you're talking about activating on a , then it will score the red as under SP and the yellow as not. for a total of 600. (this is for games after World tour). Make use of that knowledge in pathing, because the most common place to activate is on a [orange is bass] for a single note worth 1200 points.

other example would be activating on a [orange is bass, again]. The yellow and the orange cymbal, if applicable, isn't included in this note. So all of these are under SP for a total of 1400.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
MofoMasta  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:13 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 small questions, both sorta related to scoring. Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
It's caused by a "chord" being on the 10th, 20th, and 30th note. Hit one of the top charted notes before the bass to get the bass under the new multiplier. It's really odd, because the game counts it as 1 note towards a streak. It's probably related to the grace period between hits to count them as a note. (for an example, you can play as with one stick if you're quick enough)

Thanks for that. I kind of figured it would probably be something like that, and now I know. Goodbye stupid ass 25 scores which make me second by 50, most annoying thing ever.

Quote:
If you're talking about activating on a , then it will score the red as under SP and the yellow as not. for a total of 600. (this is for games after World tour). Make use of that knowledge in pathing, because the most common place to activate is on a [orange is bass] for a single note worth 1200 points.

other example would be activating on a [orange is bass, again]. The yellow and the orange cymbal, if applicable, isn't included in this note. So all of these are under SP for a total of 1400.

I meant if that RY came at the end of SP and you squeezed the Red but didn't get the yellow in time, would it count as one note, both or neither under SP?

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmm, never thought about it, or ran into it. It's usually all or nothing when I do it. It's possible that it counts which ones you hit before it ran out, but I've never tested it.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:34 am    Post subject: Re: 2 small questions, both sorta related to scoring. Reply with quote

MofoMasta wrote:
ElementOfZero wrote:

Thanks for that. I kind of figured it would probably be something like that, and now I know. Goodbye stupid ass 25 scores which make me second by 50, most annoying thing ever.

Quote:

I meant if that RY came at the end of SP and you squeezed the Red but didn't get the yellow in time, would it count as one note, both or neither under SP?

1) Element's explanation is correct, just hit the note with the lowest value slightly earlier than the other note(s) when your multiplier is about to go up.

2) Every chord is divided into the individual notes it consists of. Hitting the red note of a RY chord inside SP and the yellow note outside of SP will cause only the red note to be counted double. This works the same for R+Y+Bass notes and any other chord for that matter.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
MofoMasta  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump for new question

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GH5 and BH they are, the others have the 60 base points for the oranges. In the recent games, oranges are changed to the regular pad base points of 50

WarlordTm  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
GH5 and BH they are, the others have the 60 base points for the oranges. In the recent games, oranges are changed to the regular pad base points of 50

This, and you can hit accents with the ION kit from GH5 on, leaving no difference in scoring whatsoever. If you have a RB kit like Element, you're pretty much screwed on SH for any scores you get on GH5/BH songs that include accents.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: