ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Pandora vs Last.fm

View previous topic :: View next topic  
muna  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:39 pm    Post subject: Pandora vs Last.fm Reply with quote

Image from mashable.com

We have probably been exposed enough to both of these websites and programs to know what they are all about. My question to you, my fellow scoreheroers is, which of these programs do you prefer AND WHY? I don't want this to turn into a poll thread without substance and I see some good potential for discussion and even some intelligent argument here.

I personally use both right now. On my phone I use Pandora, on my XBox I use last.fm, and on my computer I alternate in between the two. I am hoping to stick to one program, but can't decide which one (which is partially why I opened this thread).

I don't know if this is appropriate here as it doesn't relate directly to a specific genre of music, so if it doesn't then I apologize and kindly asked for it to be moved to General Chat.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not all that familiar with Pandora, but does it scrobble too? If not, I'm obliged to go with Last.fm. I'm a chart whore.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last.fm gets my vote by default 'cos Pandora isn't available where I live, or at least wasn't last time I checked. That said, I honestly struggle to think of a more useful online music service than last.fm, particularly since it became available on the Xbox, so I'd probably say that even if we had both.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
TheZ116  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last.fm, seeing as Pandora bends over to ads and the inability to do other stuff than listen to music.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: sandiegodrummer PSN Name: thez116
ScreamingEvil  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last.fm is my choice, mostly as I can't use Pandora in the UK. Plus I find last.fm pretty easy to use and generally comes up with a good mix of bands I can just chill to when I don't really care what artists I want to listen to. I use the Recommended Radio station on there quite alot for background music when I'm doing uni work.

My only slight complaint with last.fm is the recommended station does seem heavily influenced by what you were just listening to, which can be a bit annoying.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Goramoth
lazor  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeing as they have entirely different purposes I have to go with both.
Strykerx  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandora is mostly just for radio.

Last.fm is for keeping track of your music, discussing artists and their individual songs, and the radio is pretty much just thrown in.

So yeah, pretty much different purposes.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As of late, the only artist i have been listening to is the Beatles. When I do Last FM on my Xbox, I get NO songs by the Beatles. I get some songs by Beatles members, but none by the band themselves. However, when i use pandora on my computer I get plenty of Beatles songs.

So, based on my personal preference, I would have to go with Pandora.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: RandyRhoads801
vanrulzz  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cobainage1994 wrote:
As of late, the only artist i have been listening to is the Beatles. When I do Last FM on my Xbox, I get NO songs by the Beatles. I get some songs by Beatles members, but none by the band themselves. However, when i use pandora on my computer I get plenty of Beatles songs.

So, based on my personal preference, I would have to go with Pandora.

THIS

when i pick an artist i want to hear the similar artists AND some of what i actually picked. last fm doesnt do that very well so i prefer pandora

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pandora feels way more user-friendly to me. I heard about it and had absolutely no trouble with it as soon as I found the site. When I tried out last.fm it just felt confusing to me, so I stick with Pandora.
TheLonging  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer Pandora when I want to discover new music (which Pandora does for me, and it's gotten me into Green Day (you can stop laughing now) and Trivium). On the other hand, I'm a chart whore, and I've used last.fm longer. So last.fm.

NavyCherub wrote:
AshleyWilis wrote:
hi for me Its something different...
It seems like Full sound full combo...
I mean It show passion and determination for my guitar
Smoke weed erryday.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: