ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Angels & Airwaves- LOVE album 2/14

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DPooch  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Angels & Airwaves- LOVE album 2/14 Reply with quote

Angels & Airwaves is no doubt one of my favorite bands of all time.
I'm not really sure what genre to classify them as, probably an alternative type.
Back when Tom Delonge was advertising their first album as being a new musical experience, and that it was going to change how music was made and marketed, people thought he was crazy. And I believe when he was promoting the second album, he said it was like the second coming of Christ. With that, he did say he might have been going a little overboard.
But I think he was completely right. Not really in the Christ sence, for the record.
The music is easy to listen to, calming, and very powerful.
Plus, the band has Tom Delonge in it, which is how most people know them. I hadn't previously heard of any of the other band members except Atom Willard, the former drummer of The Offspring.

Their new and third album, LOVE, is due out February 14th, Valentine's Day, appropriately placed.
They also have a movie with the same name. I originally thought that it was coming out the same day, but looking around, seems like Spring 2010.
The trailer can be found here: http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/love/
It looks like it will be pretty interesting, I'm definitely seeing it when it comes out.

Anyways, this thread is completely unorganized as of now, I'll be doing a major update to include info, members, discography, etc.
As for now, anyone that would like to discuss the band can do it here.

ALSO: The mp3 for their new single/pre-album release "Hallucinations" is up for download, for free, on their site angelsandairwaves.com .
The entire album is also supposed to be free for digital download.
Which is nice, but I'd rather pay for it and have a tangible copy of it.

Last edited by DPooch on Tue Feb 02, 2010 2:12 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: poochz0rz
zlinkneoXZ15  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too am also a big AVA fan. Didn't realize a new album was coming out, so thanks for the heads up on that!

I was really into them when they released their first album, but to be honest I haven't listened to their songs in a while. Need to go back and do that.

I'll take a listen to that new song, "Hallucinations". Hopefully it'll be a good sign for this new album.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: