Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bandcamp

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vanrulzz  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Bandcamp Reply with quote

bandcamp.com

this site is a music streaming/distribution site that is amazing and revolutionary.

unlike itunes this is a way of getting our music out to people, letting them listen to a full album before they buy, letting artists CHOOSE what to sell their album for (free, name your own price {you can set minimums for this feature}, set price etc) making all tracks available in practically every format you can think of, this site caters to what the BitTorrent generation of music consumers and artists wants, and it does all this for free.

go to the website, read the FAQs and make one for your band. it helps. a lot. what do you guys think about it

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had a ridiculous amount of free stuff from there. Sometimes I'll just sit here randomly clicking on bands from the huge full list of artists (you'd think they might have some way of sorting it, other than 'newest'). Hell of a lot of great bands I've found like that.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahahaha, You're welcome! I love Bandcamp, and the best part about it, for artists, is that IT'S BLOODY FREE~!

However, one downside for artists is that it demands we upload the uncompressed .WAV files, and that rapes bandwidth (Fun fact, Force, uncompressed, was around 900 mb, I had to compress it, then re-WAV it for Bandcamp a few times). Ouch!

RIP RBN
vanrulzz  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well like they say in the FAQ the .wav files make it so they can give it in all those formats. goddamn i just love this place, youre very welcome.

and i agree that it is a great place to discover random good bands and free music.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's better, is that they've included a game of Defender on the stats screen, and the more visits/downloads you get, the better your game of Defender will be. Very fun little extra. Plus, the site's just so down to Earth and easy, AND it just makes me feel so... professional!

RIP RBN
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: