ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Anvil: The Story of Anvil

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EmoArbiter  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:45 am    Post subject: Anvil: The Story of Anvil Reply with quote

Not sure if this goes here or in General since its a documentary about a metal band so mods feel free to move it

So I was watching That Metal Show on VH1 Classic when they had Steven 'Lips' Kudlow and Robb Reiner from Anvil as special guests to talk about their new documentary Anvil: The Story of Anvil. The documentary covers a small part of the bands early years in 1981-1984 when they were touring with the likes of the Scorpions and Whitesnake, then fast forwards to today where the band, Lips now 50, are still struggling to make it big and get their names out there.

I watched it tonight with my parents, and I must say I found this documentary great. It was definitely a touching (for lack of a better word) story, and to see the devotion these four guys have to their band is amazing. They live not much better than bums but they all have that one common goal. Definitely a must-see for any Anvil fan/metalhead

Has anyone else seen this? What do you all think if you have?

My accomplishments|Season 11 GHM Division 2 Winner
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Emo Arbiter Wii Friend Code: 2162307103708276
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen it twice now. It's a real heart tugging story to see what are essentially a metal band with legend status that didn't go any where and to see the dedication to keep it going no matter what. I loved Metal on Metal and This is Thirteen has some good songs. Good to see them doing better, which I hope continues as long as they can keep doing it themselves.
GIRLintheFIRE  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've known about them for a few years now. It's really uncanny how much alike they are to Spinal Tap. Great Documentary too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: