ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You August 30th (Stream Today!)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:26 pm    Post subject: Red Hot Chili Peppers - I'm With You August 30th (Stream Tod Reply with quote

I'm With You comes out on the 30th! The album is streaming today on redhotchilipeppers.com.

Tracklist:

1. "Monarchy of Roses"
2. "Factory of Faith"
3. "Brendan's Death Song"
4. "Ethiopia"
5. "Annie Wants a Baby"
6. "Look Around"
7. "The Adventures of Rain Dance Maggie"
8. "Did I Let You Know"
9. "Goodbye Hooray"
10. "Happiness Loves Company"
11. "Police Station"
12. "Even You Brutus?"
13. "Meet Me at the Corner"
14. "Dance, Dance, Dance"

Last edited by cdylan13 on Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
MrOmyA  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I personally think they're going to change no doubt. But how... I dunno. I've never heard of this Klinghoffer guy or any of his musical work. But I hope it's for the better.

Perhaps Frusciante will continue his solo work?
Tahmer  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't wait to hear what John is going to do next. I may not have become a fan of RHCP till Stadium Arcadium, but man that album has some amazingly beautiful guitar solos, particularly on Strip My Mind. If he wrote solo music that beautiful, I'd be all over it.

Always been a fan of his back up vocals too. He sings pretty high.
cdylan13  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tahmer wrote:
I can't wait to hear what John is going to do next. I may not have become a fan of RHCP till Stadium Arcadium, but man that album has some amazingly beautiful guitar solos, particularly on Strip My Mind. If he wrote solo music that beautiful, I'd be all over it.

Out of curiosity, have you listened to his solo stuff before? It is a MUCH different experience. Being a fan of RHCP does not directly translate to liking his stuff, as it is very lo-fi and experimental. His early stuff is borderline frightening.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: cdylanSH
JimmyHero33  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RHCP Have been one of my favorite bands for a while I am disapointed that John has moved on but I am not closed off to the idea of Klinghoffer taking over his spot I am sure he has a lot to offer to the band. They will not be the same but I am sure they will still produce an equally as good sound. This is the first I herd of John doing solo shall check it out

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Tahmer wrote:

Out of curiosity, have you listened to his solo stuff before? It is a MUCH different experience. Being a fan of RHCP does not directly translate to liking his stuff, as it is very lo-fi and experimental. His early stuff is borderline frightening.

A lot of his solo stuff you're probably referring to came from the 1993-1998ish period, in which he used heroin, but I don't really link that to his music as much or in the same way as most people do. Basically his mindset in that period was very different when it came to the appreciation and creation of artwork. Tone and harmony wasn't as important to him as authenticity and a vibe that came straight from his feelings and thoughts. That idea mixed with drug use lead to a lot of music that is essentially un-listenable to anybody but John Frusciante.

But I expect whatever solo work he does next will be more like his guitar playing on Stadium Arcadium, though from his statement there, it sounds like he feels like he's going in a distinctly different direction compared to the band, which is why he felt he had to quit.

Basically, expect stuff that couldn't/wouldn't be done by RHCP, but more appealing than his early solo work just because of the musical phase he's in and the musical phase he's just been moving away from.

I remember watching an interview from 2006, when Stadium Arcadium came out, where he said in the last few years he liked flashy guitar solos and more intricate melodies a lot more than he used to, whereas in By the Way he was playing mostly chords and chord-based melodies. So I suspect he's more in the solo-ey melodic zone now, but we won't know for sure until he releases some work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cdylan13 wrote:
Tahmer wrote:

Yyyyeah, this. I think some of his solo stuff post-2000 is really very good, but for God's sake don't even try to listen to Smile From The Streets You Hold unless you're a fan of very unwell heroin addicts making horrendous noises for drug money. It's genuinely harrowing. His first album (Niandra Lades And a fucking stupid title) isn't much better, although contrary to popular belief it was recorded before he got into drugs.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
superunknown94  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

While the Red Hot Chili Peppers' sound will be different, I don't think it'll be bad or anything. They're used to having more than one guitarist (remember Dave Navarro and Hillel Slovak?) and they did pretty good with him so I'm sure RHCP will not fall to pieces. I'll have to buy their newest album when it comes out.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also didn't know this, but Josh Klinghoffer worked with Frusciante on several of the six solo albums that John released in 2004, and I've listened to a couple songs off "Will to Death", one album that was almost entirely a collaboration with Klinghoffer, and I've liked them.
Its odd, though, that if you look for Frusciante's solo work on Youtube, a large part of what you find is off the messed up albums from the 90s, namely: Usually Just a T-Shirt, Smile From the Streets you Hold, and Niandra Ladies. There's some legit awesome work on Those six albums from 2004 and on The Empyrean which was released at the beginning of this year.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad, but the silver lining is (hopefully) more solo work for sure. I love his albums Inside of Emptiness, Shadows Collide With People, and The Empyrean. Great stuff.

47/64/29/68/41/85/48/47/85/46/87//647
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: vVv f4phantom
POKE-JJ  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:
Sad, but the silver lining is (hopefully) more solo work for sure. I love his albums Inside of Emptiness, Shadows Collide With People, and The Empyrean. Great stuff.

Yeah. The songwriting with his solo work is better than the majority of his work in the Chili Peppers imo. I look forward to seeing both the Chilis and John move forward; this should be quite interesting.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

f4phantom2500 wrote:

I guarantee this is the reason why he quit, to work on his solo stuff. I still need to listen through all of his albums, I've only listened in full to To Record Only Water For Ten Days.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: