SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Any SHers in a real Band?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Headbang  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in a band

A band called Just Get Naked. (we might change the name.)

We've written several songs, and done some good covers (some shit ones too...). We've recorded one song roughly as a sneak preview to our EP.

It's available here: http://www.justgetnaked.co.nr

Now, this is only a rough version of the song and the guitar is too loud, imo (even though im the guitarist )

We have better songs, I think, but this is all we have recorded atm. Please have a listen and tell me what you think? We are recording some more tracks very very soon and I will post them on here.
slaverix  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do OMBs coutn at all since I'm trying to get one, supposedly getting my electro drum set next week. No bass, so it could sound well without one. Any programs aside from Audacity I could use to record my songs?
slaverix  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do OMBs count at all since I'm trying to get one, supposedly getting my electro drum set next week. No bass, so it could sound well without one. Any programs aside from Audacity I could use to record my songs?
NSiYusuke  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Whoops! Accidental double post much? =) It's alright.

Anyhow! REAPER is amazing when it comes to recording, I suggest giving it a try, it's free for the most part, and ontop of that, you can author your tracks as you record it, and it comes with tons of great free levelling and mastering tools, effects chains, etc. It's just great! Plus I love the visual representation of the BPM, too. It's been a lifesaver.

Also, don't say no to bass! Bass is easily enough to emulate with a guitar, just play what you'd imagine a bass melody to your song might be on guitar, then pitch it down (in Audacity?) an octave, and there you go! Bass track! That's what Bluefusion does for all of it's songs, except I have the ability to do it on the fly with my Whammy Pedal, but before I had that, I used to pitch it down in Audacity, haha.

(Fun fact: The first recording of Fighting Spirit had Audacity-pitch-shifted "bass". )

Also, yes. :3 Still looking for singers... No one's messaged me here yet D:

RIP RBN
BrianSpud33  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember there being a similar thread before the Music Discussion section existed, but I'll post this again anyway... this is a short history of all the bands in which I have been the drummer.

2002-2006: Hydraulic Sandwich
Female-fronted pop-punk. We played the Boston date of Warped 05 and 06. If you Google our name you can probably find a lot of stuff about us (songs, pictures, news articles, shows we played, etc.)

2006-2007: Face The Lie
Melodic post-hardcore. Only around for a year and only recorded a few songs, so this is a YouTube video of a song at what ended up being our last show.

2006-2007: Razmig
Experimental punk. This was my friend from school's solo project... you might know him from this YouTube video from a few years back.

2008-2009: Arc City Angels
Somewhere between 80's rock and modern hard rock. I recorded the band's demo while they had another drummer, and ended up joining the band for a year after he left.

2008-present: Ages Ago
Thrash with melodic death metal influence. We haven't got off the ground yet, since we don't have a vocalist or permanent bassist, and our time has been focused more on...

2009-present: Lich King
80's influenced thrash metal. The three of us in Ages Ago joined up with a guy who had a one-man thrash band in our area. We just played our first couple of shows and are recording a full-length album titled World Gone Dead in a couple of weeks. The songs up on our MySpace are the demo tracks with programmed drums, so that's not me playing quite yet.[/url]
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: