ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Testament

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kslater22  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 4:45 am    Post subject: Testament Reply with quote

great thrash metal band ive been listening to for a while

they have a new album thats supposed to be coming out this year, anyone know anything about it yet?

i havent had a chance to see them live yet but i am going to the canadian carnage with testament megadeth and slayer, does anyone know if they are good live?
MSH-Hitman  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lucky bastard. Going to Carnage lol That should be an epic show.

And I'm a huge fan of Testament. I have all their albums. Chuck Billy is just a vocal beast. I loved Formation.

I heard about the new album too, but with only Wiki info to go off of, I don't know anything more than a new album is coming, which I'm stoked about. Glad to see it won't be a wait between albums.

And though I haven't seen them live, they seem like a good bunch of guys through videos and DVD. Certainly not a crazy band, but they should seriously be bringing it just as hard as Megadeth or Slayer.
solrac7623  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I might see Testament at the American Carnage tour in Long Beach in a few weeks. Heavily exited for that.

I fucking love Testament, I used to obsess over them (the last.fm link in my sig can attest to that >_>). I stopped paying as much attention to their recent works, so they're planning on making a new album this year? That sounds awesome, can't wait for that.
thegibbonator  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 3:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Testament Reply with quote

kslater22 wrote:
does anyone know if they are good live?

YES. YES YES YES YES.

*ahem*

I've seen them live twice now, and they certainly did not disappoint either time; they played a great set and never failed to take an opportunity to entertain the crowd. Keep an eye on Paul Bostaph, he was doing all sorts of tricks with his drumsticks, including spinning one really high into the air mid-song, catching it and continuing to play without missing a beat. Truly awe-inspiring to watch.

The mosh pit was pretty wild at both shows, I dunno if you're into such things, but just a heads-up either way. I guess you'd kinda expect that, especially given Megadeth and Slayer at the same show. :P

Definitely looking forward to the new album!

My last.fm profile. My musical taste is obviously superior to everybody else's. Even if it does include black metal, classical and synthpop.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger PSN Name: Tetrinity
1ofakind  

Location: San Jose, CA (More specificly, Scotts Valley but their close enough together.)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love Testament and I would love even ore to see them with my favorite band, Megadeth and Slayer on the 21st, but I'm broke and it's during finals. I hate school

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've seen Testament live 3 times. Always a great live show. The first time I saw them was in a diner with Laaz Rockit. That was probably their best performance.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love this band and i wish i can see them live
ganondorf901  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to be a douche but........ must we always have threads made to be locked?

Anyway, testament is a great band all around. My favorite part is the guitar, almost all the songs have just the catchiest patterns ever. I am hoping to see them live, but Ill see how that turns out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: