ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Andrew WK reveals that Andrew WK doesn't exist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:45 pm    Post subject: Andrew WK reveals that Andrew WK doesn't exist Reply with quote

...sort of.

Yup, the speculation is true: Andrew WK is a fictional persona developed by a committee and played by Andrew Wilkes-Krier, that long-haired goon you see on stage. It's a concept made to... oh sod it, watch the video, he explains it better than I ever could.

Part 1/Part 2/Part 3

Part 1 is where he explains what Andrew WK is all about, the rest of it is a genuinely fascinating motivational lecture, and the end of part 3 is... well, watch the last five minutes or so of part 3 because it sums it all up in a way that only he could.

(Really, watch the video before discussing. Anyone who responds with something amounting to "pop factory bands are stupid" is missing the point and clearly hasn't bothered to watch the video.)

So, what do you think? Personally, I find it difficult to have a problem with something that's done with good intentions. As for him and the lecture - I think he's really onto something with that, which is all the more interesting because it's coming from someone who's done such a great job of portraying this character for so long.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
toymachine  

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw his new band and they were not good.... At all.

Probably should've stuck with the Andrew WK party anthem deal
Twang  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Andrew WK general thread? Gundam Rock is awesome.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: teamkillin629
jamesw  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the singles from I Get Wet, and that's about it. They are simply amazing party songs. I'm not too affected by this, and I don't think anybody should be. We expect that most mainstream acts are manufactured. The music business has been declining tremendously and the only way to survive is to appeal to specific audiences. It's okay, I love his music and who cares if he's not completely genuine?

Harmonix games are just too good not to play them for 8 years. Officially back in action.
slaverix  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not really affected by this actually, I like his songs from I get Wet and his party rock songs but after he finished those I didn't really care anymore. The fact he eventually got his own show on CN disapointted me greatly.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: