ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activision and Neversoft hit with lay-offs, NS done with GH
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gamer9254  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Raikri999 wrote:
Alright before I start, let me make one thing clear. I do not hate Neversoft and/or its employees.

With that being said, I am over-ethusiastic about VV taking control of GH. They've done incredible jobs on GH3-GH5 for Wii, and they know what they're doing(again, look above).

I've been a Wii player since this Christmas (on Guitar Hero), and I have to agree slightly with this statement. On GH3, VV made the Wii version to the best of its ability; they tried to make it just like the 360/PS3 versions. And, besides lack of DLC, it pretty much was.

GH:WT is different. The graphics in the background were blocky, and didn't look as good as GH3. The load times took longer than they should've; eerytime you start a song, it takes 15-30 seconds to load. This includes restarts and playing in Practice mode (which takes away a little bit of what Practice mode is).

I do not own Metallica, so I won't say anything on that, but Smash Hits was worse. Load times were longer, and graphics were worse. There was also a frame-rate problem, which sometimes made it unplayable. I'm deciding whether to re-buy GH:SH for PS3.

However, things took a turn for the better with GH5 and VH. GH5 graphics were spectacular (for Wii, at least), and the load times were just like GH3; 3 seconds at most. THe combatibility with RB drums on Wii and the way they did the note chart made this game a must buy for Wii owners.

VH had GH5-like graphics (a.k.a. better), and the load times were as fast as GH5/GH3. Only problem I had was that the RB Drums weren't compatible, and that pissed me off a bit. But, it's still a great buy for Wii.

Overall, if they stick with their work on GH3/5/VH, then they'd be great. I sincerely hope they do a great job with GH on all systems.

If it hasn't been said enough, hearts out to Neversoft. You guys made GH what it is today, and that's a good thing.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: LightSwitchTTM
yksi-kaksi-kolme  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gamer9254 wrote:
Raikri999 wrote:
Alright before I start, let me make one thing clear. I do not hate Neversoft and/or its employees.

With that being said, I am over-ethusiastic about VV taking control of GH. They've done incredible jobs on GH3-GH5 for Wii, and they know what they're doing(again, look above).

GH:WT is different. The graphics in the background were blocky, and didn't look as good as GH3. The load times took longer than they should've; eerytime you start a song, it takes 15-30 seconds to load. This includes restarts and playing in Practice mode (which takes away a little bit of what Practice mode is).

Don't forget about that massive flaw that made the load times keep getting longer until the game eventually always froze; only being fixed by deleting your data and starting over...

But that's behind us. After playing GH5, I'm convinced that VV could make really good GH games. Restarting a song is near-instantaneous, which is great.

My Accomplishments - GH | RB || My Youtube Channel || My Customs
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail XBL Gamertag: YksiKaksiKolme
fcedyourmom  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blitzbob wrote:
See, THIS is what happens when you ass rape a series into the dirt with an onslaught of ever degrading sequels.

Let's hope Vicarious Visions will be good. Condolences to those who got laid off.
Tell that to Activision, not Neversoft.

toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If VV is indeed going to be the company Developing GH7 than I really hope they don't adopt their charting philosophy from Band Hero DS :@

I really hope it's just a rumour
GesterX  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
If VV is indeed going to be the company Developing GH7 than I really hope they don't adopt their charting philosophy from Band Hero DS :@

Care to elaborate on this? It must be hard to do a bad job on 4 buttons!

Hopefully there will be some elements of NS that get to work with VV which will make for a smooth change over and save some jobs!
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GesterX wrote:
toymachine wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGABLPjLR0 on bass even stupider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj91MLlRVlg

honourable mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l8zu0iP5Kg :@

Also I hate Satch Boogie but that's because I suck.

Last edited by toymachine on Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
superspaz117  

Location: Pluto, occasionally hiding from Jesus in the centre of the sun

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I don't get about Activision laying off Neversoft workers is that Neversoft Make one of the most popular Game series today (GH) and make it on a regular basis

And while this is going on there is no news of Treyarch losing jobs despite the fact they IMO made the 2 worst games in the CoD series (3 and WaW) and are only making games at a rate of 1 every 2 years. (I'm not saying they deserve to be laid off but still.....)

Plz tell me how that makes sense, also I can't say it enough, Neversoft is awesome and anyone who was laid off will easily find new jobs.

And it would be really cool if they could make their own Rhythm game series and surpass GH in all of its awesomeness, made in the way that THEY wan't to do it.

May the win be with you all.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

toymachine wrote:
GesterX wrote:
toymachine wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvGABLPjLR0 on bass even stupider
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aj91MLlRVlg

honourable mention

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4l8zu0iP5Kg :@

Also I hate Satch Boogie but that's because I suck.

I can't really see whats so bad with those charts. They are hard songs to chart in 4 buttons.
toymachine  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wattershed wrote:

I can't really see whats so bad with those charts. They are hard songs to chart in 4 buttons.

I never said they were "bad" persay I just said I don't find it fun or enjoyable to play. I do think Shockwave is the worst out of all of them though.

They (VV) kick ass at porting games (GH5/BH Wii are highly rated) and they have some talented musicians working for them though- so I am not overly worried about the future of GH if it's in their hands. I'd just prefer if it was Neversoft, I mean I've followed them since THPS

Last edited by toymachine on Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: cRANKbALL
ChrisVance  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not confirming anything one way or the other when it comes to the future of Neversoft, Guitar Hero, or ATVI. But I would like to ask that people would please stop saying negative things about VV. They are a respectable company who do a great job on the games that are made and put just as much passion as anyone into their games when they develop them.
lazor  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:
I'm not confirming anything one way or the other when it comes to the future of Neversoft, Guitar Hero, or ATVI. But I would like to ask that people would please stop saying negative things about VV. They are a respectable company who do a great job on the games that are made and put just as much passion as anyone into their games when they develop them.

Sorry, but the Wii ports are subpar at best.
ComicBookGuru  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChrisVance wrote:

This.

Creepy facts: Did you know that the sequel to Spider-Man (NS) was handled by VV?

Or that every portable GBA/DS Tony Hawk game was done by them?

I just found that interesting. And they were all fantastic games, so you know where it's going to go.

Oh, and on a personal note to ChrisVance and the community... I saw you get joked all the time and never had a single clue of who or what you were. Does that mean I win the game?
GenericName  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazor wrote:

I STRONGLY disagree. I play almost exclusively on the Wii, and I find the ports to be quite enjoyable, and outside of maybe WT, all are perfectly up to par.

OnionPowder  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lazor wrote:
ChrisVance wrote:

That's not VV's fault, that's the consoles fault.

Porting a game on a console as powerful as a PS3 or a 360 to a console as weak as a Wii is a hard job, and they do good what with Nintendo gives them.

Last.FM|Facebook

yksi-kaksi-kolme has 699 love making sessions left.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: She Wants Reven PSN Name: OnionPowder
TehBanStick  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm crossing my fingers for some Ironic Justice with GH6. As in, it it the best thing ever and that it sells EXTREMELY well, making Kotick say "oh shi-, what did I do?"
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: