ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
TTFAF X Drums- Main beat advice needed

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: TTFAF X Drums- Main beat advice needed Reply with quote

This is one song that I really know i can pass, quite easily....if it wasnt for the stupid

(RY)Y(YO)Y(RYO)

beat, it keeps throwing me off.

But the song is just really fast, and the bass beats make it really easy for me to lose my rhythm. Is there any kind of technique that can help me to at least get the main beat down. With that under my belt, then i will have effectively passed the song.

Yay for songs where the only hard part is about the same beat repeated for 5/6 of the song. :/

(PS.... Those are supposed to be freticons......i dont know how to do them though, so if they dont work then sorry for my failure.)

Oh yeah, by the way, im using Ion's with 2 cymbals set up as yellow and blue.

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
Robendo  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Practise it on slowest, when you can play that without problem move up to slower, etc all the way to full speed. This helped me a lot to get the beat on both hard, expert and expert+
jdamillio  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just keep practicing and practicing and practicing and practicing and practicing and...yea you get the point. ive practiced this on real drums ALOT and i still cant get close to keeping the rythem

First ever TTFAF FC with 3 Fingers, 8/19/10 - Never Forget

GH3X: 9th Place - 69/70 FCs (One)
- Youtube: joedamillio
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: joedamillio
RndmPrsnViola95  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freticons are done by using :, and not ()

So if you want a red freticon, do this: : R : (spaces are so it doesn't appear as a freticon). It should appear like this:

So your section should look like this:

All I can tell you is to keep practicing. And maybe play other songs with a similar beat so you get used to it.

hydrapower  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no real secret, just lots of practice and developing your coordination.

Try "playing" that beat when you're not playing the game, you know, like while sitting in a chair or something.

At first, I ended up making "pigeon-head" motions to help keep the time easier (I still do that occasionally).

Also, if you lose time, STOP for a moment, and then pick up the beat again. Don't try to correct yourself without stopping because it rarely works and then you end up overhitting and failing out.

Practicing on slower speeds helps. Alternatively, you can try playing faster songs a lot (Raining Blood, War Ensemble, Caught in a Mosh) so that when you play TTFAF again it seems slower.

Good luck.

Now Available in e-book format! Book 1 Book 2
Otharia - Science Fiction/Fantasy from some aspiring writers, check it out! Updates weekly!
HunterXyron1134  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys. It's really appreciated.

Freticon ftw

My Youtube | iPhone RockBand Customs Research | My Twitter, with my GH/RB updates!
SThorpe wrote:

so did anyone get to touch Matt's Banstick? O_o

EviLize wrote:

Yeah, while he was playing pop'n I was playing around with it for a little bit.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: TehMinja1134
CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2010 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the biggest thing that helped was changing the way i looked at it...once i realized that:

1) Yellow isnt changing speed, your right hand just stays constant the whole time.
2)The only other thing is to alternate your foot and your left hand

and the pigeon-head thing works as well. also try maybe playing heel up on the foot pedal when i was first trying to pass this like you are now that helped a lot instead of playing heel down.
YaMaNick92  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2010 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hah, and the expert plus chart does us the liberty of doing a kick/ double kick alternation. But that might only be on the ride d beat(a d-beat is the name for this pattern by the way)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: