ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Dear god.. how to pass TtFaF on X drums?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lNVlNClBLE  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:03 am    Post subject: Dear god.. how to pass TtFaF on X drums? Reply with quote

I didn't know the song was going to be like Dyer's Eve. >.>

I'm just curious as to how all the drum pros can like, FC those main beats. Do they use blasting? Mass playing time for endurance?

._.
*Confuzzled*
CoalfieldRocker  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

its actually easier than dyers eve in my opinion, because dyers eve has the random double kick around a cymbal hit.

as for passing it, it just takes practice at doing that main beat. its not as fast as it looks, but its really easy to lose rhythm, and once you lose it you're pretty much toast in about 3 seconds if you dont recover.

try playing raining blood and caught in a mosh, its the same pattern but a LOT faster, do those for a bit and then come back to TTFAF and it'll look a lot simpler.

other than that, just stick like crazy during all the ridiculous fills and the rest if getting a feel for having to do that

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If the main metal beat is giving you trouble, the best advice I could give to you is, make sure you're perfectly capable of playing the pattern (regardless its speed), then just keep playing until you build enough stamina to maintain that pattern for 5 minutes. Also, you might want to use drumsticks with better rebound (if you don't have good drumsticks already). I get tired less fast when I use the sticks that come with the WT sticks then when I'd use the sticks that come with the BH kit for instance.
| Banners link to videos/scores | YouTube Account | GH Accomplishments | RB Accomplishments | Song left for FSFC: Space Truckin' (-1)
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

practice practice practice.

I know it's tedious but trust me it'll work, trust me. After so much practice you can start doing the beat without even thinking about it. So in the meantime just slow it down and work on hitting the pattern. Once you've got the pattern down, speed it up again and work on your endurance.
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
gigijypo  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 9:45 pm    Post subject: heres the way i do it Reply with quote

i actully play these beats with a tight grip but not to tight once your use to this when your arm gets tierd i just losen my grip and it seems it feels like i took a minute break it feels totally diffrent when i get tierd doing that i tighten it again it sound complex but its alot easier then it looks also theres alot more breaks you dont know about when i drum roll on ttfaf i actully do something called mommy daddy roll where you hold your stick in a certain position and it actully bounces when you hit so for 1 hit you hit 2 notes so you can drum roll at half the speed it is a good break even thought you still move your arms.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: