Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Advanced Placement exams >:0?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only took one AP class, AP Statistics, though I apparently aced the exam (At least well enough to get 5/5 on it). I did also get to skip an Intro to Computers class in college because I had taken a similar class in high school.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Emptyeye wrote:
I only took one AP class, AP Statistics, though I apparently aced the exam (At least well enough to get 5/5 on it). I did also get to skip an Intro to Computers class in college because I had taken a similar class in high school.

But stat isn't as hard as like calc or whatever. I would think stat would be easier than alot of math
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AxlRose wrote:
Emptyeye wrote:

But stat isn't as hard as like calc or whatever. I would think stat would be easier than alot of math

This is somewhat true...our school had 181 people take AP Stats last year, and only about 30 went into AP Calc. There were probably half of that that actually went on to AP Calc BC (which would imply that you took Algebra 2 your freshman year, passed all 4 years of math, wanted 4 years of math, and didn't switch into Stats... )

If anybody else is taking an AP Psychology test, I highly suggest going to appsychology.com. It's a little...umm..."flower-powery", as my teacher put it, but it's an excellent study tool for AP Psych. It told me I need to study just about everything except neuroscience, which I got a 39/45 on...

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
AxlRose wrote:
Emptyeye wrote:

This is somewhat true...our school had 181 people take AP Stats last year, and only about 30 went into AP Calc. There were probably half of that that actually went on to AP Calc BC (which would imply that you took Algebra 2 your freshman year, passed all 4 years of math, wanted 4 years of math, and didn't switch into Stats... )

If anybody else is taking an AP Psychology test, I highly suggest going to appsychology.com. It's a little...umm..."flower-powery", as my teacher put it, but it's an excellent study tool for AP Psych. It told me I need to study just about everything except neuroscience, which I got a 39/45 on...

I'm a sophomore and I'm taking Algebra 2 right now. I'm taking Trig/Calc A next year. But my teacher said if my junior math teacher thinks I'm good enough, then I can jump into AP Calc B/C. Anyone ever heard of this happening, or is this all false hope.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
goney  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take mine on the 13th. Just biology though.

Probably won't get a 5

Here's hoping though.
AxlRose  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

goney wrote:
I take mine on the 13th. Just biology though.

Probably won't get a 5

Here's hoping though.

my girl said AP biology isn't a hard AP exam. Good luck Goney. All you need is a 3 for credit.
entropymaxer  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a friend who switched from calc AB to Calc BC mid semester. It was no big deal, you cover so few topics in high school calc its not really any different. you probably wont have to work much harder.
AxlRose  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

entropymaxer wrote:
I had a friend who switched from calc AB to Calc BC mid semester. It was no big deal, you cover so few topics in high school calc its not really any different. you probably wont have to work much harder.

All right thanks. I'm still stuck in Alg 2 right now. People in that class are retarded takes like 3 days to explain how to graph a circle.
Emptyeye  

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
AxlRose wrote:

More or less. My school more or less introduced AP Stat as a class for losers like me who had run out of math after three years by virtue of starting off on track to take AP calc but then bombing off of that path.

Basically, the "Advanced track" as it were was Honors Geometry/Honors Algebra II/Honors Pre-Calc/AP Calc. For awhile, the "College Prep" path was CP Algebra I/CP Geometry/CP Algebra II/CP Pre-Calc. My path, had they not introduced the AP Stat class my senior year, would've been Honors Geometry/Honors Algebra II/CP Pre-Calc/ERROR. ERROR. NO FOURTH MATH CLASS FOUND FOR TRACK.PLEASE REBOOT. Sadly, that last bit would not have gone on my transcript.

Either way, though, the credit I got for it counted in college, thanks largely to said college's laughable CS program requirements (Discrete Math, Discrete Structures, a third math class of your choice that can't be Foundations of Math' my Stat credit went to that third one).

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2007 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, DBQs wouldn't be a problem except that I take a whole 30 minutes just to read them all, and another 30 minutes to analyze them. I'm not kidding. History essays just suck in general,
Good luck to all of you who are taking these tests! Pretty soon, you'll be in college, and everything will be much better. I'm here waiting for my last day of high school to come (and with all the problems this year concerning the teacher strike, my last day is June 1st instead of like, May 20th. It sucks...)
AxlRose  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

GlowingHalo wrote:
Yeah, DBQs wouldn't be a problem except that I take a whole 30 minutes just to read them all, and another 30 minutes to analyze them. I'm not kidding. History essays just suck in general,
Good luck to all of you who are taking these tests! Pretty soon, you'll be in college, and everything will be much better. I'm here waiting for my last day of high school to come (and with all the problems this year concerning the teacher strike, my last day is June 1st instead of like, May 20th. It sucks...)

Your last day would be the 20th...first of all thats a sunday second of all i get out on the 8th of June
sixcarwinsagain  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I definately have to take the bio one wich sucks really bad. I am really bad at essays and there are 4. Im glad i took AP calc for cap credit cause i got an 8 out of 28 on part one, and 4 out of 10 on part 2.(He also gave us a free answer on part two!)

[]20 hard fcs
    []5 stars on hard tour
    [X]beat expert
    []5 stars on six
emosadcrying  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So heck, I just took AP Gov this morning. In New York City! I don't live in new york city. This is because we were stuck in NYC for today and I was supposed to take Gov and French but obviously that wasn't going to happen and their makeups just happen to be on the same date. So. I'm feeling a 4 or a 5. It's pretty funny because I didn't even study. Most of what I knew was either stuff I already knew or remembered from AP US, because I actually worked in that class, haha.

Seriously though I think it's all retarded. I think any college that offers credit for AP scores of 3 is retarded.
damienblack  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2007 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just wait to you guys get to college. i'm pretty sure whatever intro level course you end up taking is easier than the corresponding high school AP class.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

emosadcrying wrote:
So heck, I just took AP Gov this morning. In New York City! I don't live in new york city. This is because we were stuck in NYC for today and I was supposed to take Gov and French but obviously that wasn't going to happen and their makeups just happen to be on the same date. So. I'm feeling a 4 or a 5. It's pretty funny because I didn't even study. Most of what I knew was either stuff I already knew or remembered from AP US, because I actually worked in that class, haha.

Seriously though I think it's all retarded. I think any college that offers credit for AP scores of 3 is retarded.

yeah i took the gov test this morning too. it was alright, really not that hard, and i didn't study at all. i'm going to colorado state next year, and they will only give credit for a 4 or 5. i did take the ap calc test last year, and they did accept a 3 on that one.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: