ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Double Bass Master achievement GHVH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums
View previous topic :: View next topic  
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:13 pm    Post subject: Double Bass Master achievement GHVH Reply with quote

Im no drummer at all. But man Im trying to get the x2 bass master achievement. Does anyone have any tips? Ive 5 starred alot, but since i cant drum, the songs with off beat pedals, like ice cream man seem impossible. BTW the double bass master achievement is to 5 star all VAN HALEN songs on XDRUMS. I might have half? Idk. Any help will do.

-yjw

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drums aren't like guitar. You can't just spam shit and hope you hit enough notes to. especially on X+. First off, im assuming you have a second bass pedal. The first step you want to learn is how to play Offbeat notes. Half the songs on every GH game have off drum beats, i'd suggest something simple like All The Pretty Faces on GH5, or even better, Deadbolt on GH5. Deadbolt is alot faster but it has heaps of offbeat. If you can learn to hit those, you are golden.

Use SP on parts you CAN hit. If a drum solo comes and you fail, it's better to learn how to hit enough notes without failing (such as BATH drum solo) so you can use SP on places you can keep a 4X. For fast rolls, don't get tense, remain loose and hit them as fast as you can.

For double bass patterns, usually all the double bass in a particular songs stays the same beat. It won't ever get faster or slower (unless you're playing insane songs like Bloodmeat) so if you can keep the bass timing, it would dramatically boost your score.

By no means am I a good drum player, but I can play confidently on X+ without failing most of the hard songs xD Hope this helps.

YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lordvader178 wrote:
Drums aren't like guitar. You can't just spam shit and hope you hit enough notes to. especially on X+. First off, im assuming you have a second bass pedal. The first step you want to learn is how to play Offbeat notes. Half the songs on every GH game have off drum beats, i'd suggest something simple like All The Pretty Faces on GH5, or even better, Deadbolt on GH5. Deadbolt is alot faster but it has heaps of offbeat. If you can learn to hit those, you are golden.

Use SP on parts you CAN hit. If a drum solo comes and you fail, it's better to learn how to hit enough notes without failing (such as BATH drum solo) so you can use SP on places you can keep a 4X. For fast rolls, don't get tense, remain loose and hit them as fast as you can.

For double bass patterns, usually all the double bass in a particular songs stays the same beat. It won't ever get faster or slower (unless you're playing insane songs like Bloodmeat) so if you can keep the bass timing, it would dramatically boost your score.

By no means am I a good drum player, but I can play confidently on X+ without failing most of the hard songs xD Hope this helps.

Dude the name of the achievement is double bass master. You were very helpful, but i need help with just expert, not x+. Although there is an achievement for beating a career on x+. Im missing 3 achievements, 5 star all songs on vox, drums, and beat a career on x+. Ive been trying really hard to 5 star the drums, but everything after ice cream man i have either a 4 star, 3 star or i fail. So i guess i just nee practice. Ugh drums are hard.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah if ice cream man is giving you trouble I don't see you doing well on songs like Hot For Teacher or Loss of Control. Just practice some more? That's really the best advice I can give, no easy way around it.

YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Warhiem wrote:
yeah if ice cream man is giving you trouble I don't see you doing well on songs like Hot For Teacher or Loss of Control. Just practice some more? That's really the best advice I can give, no easy way around it.

Do you find ice cream man easy?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How well do you do at the hardest songs in the game (Hot for Teacher, I'm the One, Loss of Control)?

If you can 4* those songs I'd say work on hitting as many SP phrases as you can and using them in sections you can consistently combo.

If you are struggling to pass these songs, I think it's better to focus on that, before working on little details that improve your score.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Toodooloo wrote:
How well do you do at the hardest songs in the game (Hot for Teacher, I'm the One, Loss of Control)?

If you can 4* those songs I'd say work on hitting as many SP phrases as you can and using them in sections you can consistently combo.

If you are struggling to pass these songs, I think it's better to focus on that, before working on little details that improve your score.

Yeah I cant pass em

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:
Warhiem wrote:

Honestly I haven't played it, I have only done like the last 3 tiers and 5 starred all those.

ElementOfZero  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

YouJustWanna wrote:

Sightread FC for me :\

There's no easy way around it though, i suggest playing a lot of those songs with swing beats. It helps to emphasize each one of the orange because the do fall at even intervals. But, I'd guess you're having more trouble when there's more of the oranges and fall on each bass pedal. In which case I change it up to emphasize the first hit on each doublet so I can use that momentum for a double stroke.

If it's the quick x2 bass hits, have you tried playing Heel Up?

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
YouJustWanna wrote:

Sightread FC for me :\

There's no easy way around it though, i suggest playing a lot of those songs with swing beats. It helps to emphasize each one of the orange because the do fall at even intervals. But, I'd guess you're having more trouble when there's more of the oranges and fall on each bass pedal. In which case I change it up to emphasize the first hit on each doublet so I can use that momentum for a double stroke.

If it's the quick x2 bass hits, have you tried playing Heel Up?

No i just try to stomp really fast.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I suggest playing through hard and 5* all of those to get some more technique down with your foot before jumping back into the harder expert songs. Try heel up, it might be a straining on your thighs at first, but it may give you better control and actually increase the speed that you can hit the notes.

The Choice Is Yours, And Yours Alone. Silver Snakes 4 Life
My Accomplishment Thread! My Youtube, New Videos posted often
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: v Reincarnate v
YouJustWanna  

PostPosted: Sat May 15, 2010 2:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElementOfZero wrote:
I suggest playing through hard and 5* all of those to get some more technique down with your foot before jumping back into the harder expert songs. Try heel up, it might be a straining on your thighs at first, but it may give you better control and actually increase the speed that you can hit the notes.

Ive gotten better. I think i can do it. Thanks guys!

PostPosted: Sun May 23, 2010 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well now i need help with loss of control
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Drums All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: