ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Disappearing GHWoR Song

View previous topic :: View next topic  
singemfrc  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:02 am    Post subject: Disappearing GHWoR Song Reply with quote

2112 Part 3 does not show up in manage scores with certain sortings..

It's happened when inputting for Guitar and Vocals, but picking any instrument intensity but I cant find a 100% consistency. When choosing a sort by instrument intensity, the song disappears from the setlist and a message pops up saying "1 song is included in the totals above and not shown below for this grouping."

If you sort by song, score or any other "lower" sort, it works fine, unless you sort by intensity first, then picking one of those lower sorts still results in the song being missing. Sorting by Source or Quest Mode brings it back if it's gone.

If you've played 2112 in order like me, be careful that you didn't accidentally input scores for the wrong song when Pt. 3 was missing!
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is actually the intended behavior due to 2112 Part 3 having no bass and no drums.

The combination of the instrument(s) selected AND the "Group By" option determines which songs will be listed.

For example, if you pick to group by "Career" for GH5 then you won't see any DLC/imports/etc. because they aren't playable in career. In similar fashion, if you pick to group by "Drums Intensity" you will only see songs that contain drum parts.

Additionally it doesn't matter which grouping you select if you're within a section containing an instrument that a song doesn't have. For example, if you're inputting scores for Bass, and you decide to change the grouping to "Guitar Intensity", then even though 2112 Part 3 has guitar, it won't show up. This is to prevent allowing scores to be submitted for instruments that don't exist (which was a common complaint when it was possible).

If you're submitting scores for a particular instrument and switch to a grouping that doesn't list all scores that contribute to your totals up top, then a message like the one you mentioned will appear to indicate how many songs are missing from the list.

Lastly, once you're inside of a particular instrument and tier grouping, you can sort the songs displayed by clicking a column, but that won't change which songs appear - only the order of them.

I suppose in some instances it might make more sense to still show the songs but "gray them out" or remove the Insert Score links. But that would also mean every single DLC/import song would appear in a "Career" grouping as disabled. So I think the current options, while a bit confusing, work well overall.

To prevent mistakes I would just caution against submitting scores on a page that gives warning about songs not being shown, or be a bit more careful if you do.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I get that if you sort by instrument intensity, songs that don't have that instrument shouldn't show up - the part that looked like a bug is that if you then sort by song or timestamp or something, the song was still missing, even though I'm managing scores for an instrument that the song does have a part for and no longer sorting by intensity of an instrument it doesn't have a part for.

For example if I'm managing scores for guitar and I click bass intensity, it goes away. That part makes sense. But if I then click sort by song, it sorts all songs alphabetically, no longer using the bass intensity at all, but the song is still missing. It's not a combined filter, so I don't think that should happen.
JCirri  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you're mistaking the "group by" options as simply another set of sorting options, which they're not - you can sort within any particular tier grouping.

Quote:
Lastly, once you're inside of a particular instrument and tier grouping, you can sort the songs displayed by clicking a column, but that won't change which songs appear - only the order of them.

What I meant by this was if you "group by" bass intensity and "sort by" timestamp, you're still within the bass intensity grouping and those are the songs that will be re-ordered based on your sort (i.e. songs without a bass part still won't be shown).

As another more clear example, if you group by "Quest Mode" and then sort the list by song names, it's not going to bring all the DLC/imports into the list.

As a general rule, clicking a column heading just changes the order of the rows below, it never introduces or removes any rows. Only your instrument and tier grouping selections affect which songs show up.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:

As a general rule, clicking a column heading just changes the order of the rows below, it never introduces or removes any rows. Only your instrument and tier grouping selections affect which songs show up.

That actually clears something up. I was wondering about this too. Because if you sort by Song after Grouping by Bass Intensity, the grouping becomes de-highlighted which always made me assume it was a new sorting method.

View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: ChAoSnOvA65707 PSN Name: Mike
JCirri  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I could understand how that would cause confusion. The reason I have it de-highlight is to consolidate options and have an easy way to switch back to the default tier orderings.

But it probably would be better to keep it highlighted and display a new link like the "Sort by tier" here:
http://www.scorehero.com/top_scores.php?group=1&game=1&diff=4&sort=2

I'll see if I can update that after I finish with WoR score-tracking.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: