SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Ron Paul
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
googleimage  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fhdra wrote:
Fine, I'll say something. You need someone as President who will be able to agree with the majority of Congress on many issues, so that way we can efficiently run this country. Ron Paul's views are so different from almost every other politician that I doubt anything would get done if he were in office.

I wish I could disagree with this. This is the classic case of the inmates running the asylum, and this is why it's so hard to change the dysfunctional nature of Washington.

I respect Ron Paul for holding convictions and actually staking his positions out of those convictions, rather than blindly hopping aboard the Republican talking point-du-jour. He's the true small-government conservative - no foreign intervention, no foreign aid, no CIA, privatize eeeeeeverything. However, in terms of solving the deep fiscal problems America faces now, he's hit and miss. I'm with him on some ideas (e.g. slash the defence budget with a hatchet), while others are completely off-base (e.g. tax cuts for the rich, government involvement in absolutely nothing, including banking and health care). He seems sincere and consistent in his beliefs, which is refreshing, but I happen to think his beliefs add up to bad policy in the long run. His presence helps keep the ideological debate somewhat honest in the Senate, but it's not what I'd want in a leadership capacity.
tRiViUm256  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:28 am    Post subject: Re: Gary Johnson Reply with quote

darkcube2 wrote:
Ron Paul is good, but Gary Johnson is better, at least in the economic sphere:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

He served as governor of New Mexico for two terms (1993-2005). He had line-item veto power, letting him eliminate anything not worth the cost. If you watch his interviews, he states that he did a "cost benefit analysis" on pretty much everything. He ended up vetoing more than every other governor combined. He also lowered taxes several times, and didn't raise them once. He left the state with a budget surplus.

Also he's climbed Mt. Everest.

I actually do prefer Gary Johnson over Ron Paul on most issues, but unfortunately he has no chance in hell of winning the nomination.
Southparkhero  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 2:46 am    Post subject: Re: Gary Johnson Reply with quote

tRiViUm256 wrote:
darkcube2 wrote:
Ron Paul is good, but Gary Johnson is better, at least in the economic sphere:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Johnson

He served as governor of New Mexico for two terms (1993-2005). He had line-item veto power, letting him eliminate anything not worth the cost. If you watch his interviews, he states that he did a "cost benefit analysis" on pretty much everything. He ended up vetoing more than every other governor combined. He also lowered taxes several times, and didn't raise them once. He left the state with a budget surplus.

Also he's climbed Mt. Everest.

I actually do prefer Gary Johnson over Ron Paul on most issues, but unfortunately he has no chance in hell of winning the nomination.

..and Ron Paul does?

Ron Paul fans are the most annoying fans ever. They spam people's YouTube and Facebook pages with things like Ron Paul 2012!! and stupid shit that will just make Ron Paul look annoying and detract voters in the primaries.

If Ron Paul was really a libertarian, why isn't he running on the Libertarian Party ticket? He isn't even a Republican (thank god, we don't need more).

Also, someone who thinks we can return to the gold standard and abolish the Federal Reserve is completely nuts and doesn't deserve to sit in such a high office.

I'm awaiting a Ron Paul fan to say to me "WHY AREN'T U DEFENDING LIBERTY AND DA CONSTITUSHUN?!!"
Fhdra  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Republicans unfortunately don't have any reasonable candidates. I guess I'm just not going to vote in 2012...

Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want Ron Paul to disappear. IF my friend doesn't stop spamming my facebook 239879823 times a day with Ron Paul stuff I'm going to start killing people.

But more on topic. Putting up with Bush for 2 terms... nobody can annoy me as president as much. So I don't care who our president is. They almost always suck anyways.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stupid double post....

Last edited by Kingofterrors on Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message XBL Gamertag: Koteric PSN Name: Koterrors
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kingofterrors wrote:
I just want Ron Paul to disappear. IF my friend doesn't stop spamming my facebook 239879823 times a day with Ron Paul stuff I'm going to start killing people.

I have a FB friend who rails about nobody helping the poor (including the Dems), then keeps posting "Ron Paul 2012". She seems to be unaware of the cognitive dissonance.
Kingofterrors  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blingdomepiece wrote:
Kingofterrors wrote:

I have a FB friend who rails about nobody helping the poor (including the Dems), then keeps posting "Ron Paul 2012". She seems to be unaware of the cognitive dissonance.

I just LOL'd at work. Well said.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2011 6:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Gary Johnson Reply with quote

Southparkhero wrote:
I'm awaiting a Ron Paul fan to say to me "WHY AREN'T U DEFENDING LIBERTY AND DA CONSTITUSHUN?!!"

That basically sums up how I feel about Ron Paul.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: