SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
In Dreams Awake - My Band On iTunes!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

machchunk wrote:
Don't know why everyone else is saying this awesome or anything; it just sounds like typically bad metalcore with a keyboard that doesn't fit in at all and a singer with a poor, winded growl. Ditch the breakdowns for a start, you're not good at them. You're not good at writing melodies either. Maybe just have him yell when he's not growling. And for some reason he fell out of sync during "Awakened" lol. "No Down Payment EVER!" is marginally better than "Awakened", but dear god change that vaguely nu-metal riffing somehow. The "techno" part at the end actually isn't bad though.

I respect your ideas, but to offer a second opinion on the specific traits you pointed out as being the downfalls of their style:

I actually think the keyboards are really what makes the music, at least the song awakened, and the growls, while not as impressive from a technical level, have a specific sound that matches the instrumentation underlying them, and to me that is far more important. The breakdowns sound cool too, they're not imposing and flow well with the music... although it might occasionally be cool to go somewhat over the top with it. As for the melodies, (assuming you're referring to instrumental melodies and not vocals) they're good though not great, but could easily become so with some work. They remind me at times of the more melodic moments from After the Burial or All that Remains. As far as vocal melodies, not bad but they could benefit from some practice. I mentioned earlier the clean vocals are somewhat weak, sometimes more than others.

I'm not the type to change my opinion of the music based on your age, but being so young does mean you'll still have lots of room for improvement. It'd be pretty awesome if you're eventually able to incorporate some ridiculous solos and more technical aspects to the riffs and breakdowns.
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just updated all you guys with some new stuff!
New video from our first show including a new song!
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davesterio wrote:

I checked it out but live videos do not do justice for songs, especially metal/hardcore with all the distortion already present. I hope y'all get a studio version of the new song soon *hint hint* Also, had to re-listen to Awakened, and it was as good as I remember it being.
SeaMoney  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell your singer that he should be yelling instead of whatever it is that he's doing now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vampyromaniac wrote:
Davesterio wrote:

I checked it out but live videos do not do justice for songs, especially metal/hardcore with all the distortion already present. I hope y'all get a studio version of the new song soon *hint hint* Also, had to re-listen to Awakened, and it was as good as I remember it being.

Yeah I think were going to book 1 more show and then use the money we get from that to record with Zoinga studios and they have amazing quality. So expect that in a month I wanna say? I'm not quite sure yet :p
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't updated you guys since November on this stuff ;p
Hope you guys enjoy the new releases.
We do this for our fans
popemobile  

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 4:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like a bad techno version of awful metalcore bands
b.vicious  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not particularly a fan, but good luck in all of your endeavors

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the feedback guys, we just released our first full length recording since October so you guys should check it out
Vampyromaniac  

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The instrumentation I like, and the switch to electronic was achieved very smoothly again, but I don't like the vocals from Parade. Bike Money has a lot of potential but it needs to be expanded on a lot. Intro's pretty sick, maybe switch up which gallop patterns it has to make it a bit more interesting and it'll be perfect for what it is. I still love Awakened. One of your band's strongest points is definately mixing in the synths.
I know it's an investment, but I think with some 7 or 8 string guitars you could really add another element to your music, and end up straight fucking awesome, like this.
Davesterio  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 22, 2011 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Updated for the iTunes release, all prior knowledge of the band should be thrown out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: