ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Check this group out.

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Check this group out. Reply with quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3TsVaFR870
Nubnut  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely not bad, but a little too much of the "Cheesy-epicness" (Think Styx) for me to stomach.

Admittedly, it takes some balls for a christian metal band coming into the realm of Prog metal that's best known for bands like Opeth, Porcupine Tree and Devin Townsend whom are very well known for their complete distaste, or in same cases hatred, of organized religion (and of course Dream Theater but they don't fit my pattern so they're being left out here).
"THERE IS A DREAM I AM LIVING
THERE IS A LIFE I AM DREAMING OF"
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: Gavesit
blingdomepiece  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nubnut wrote:
Admittedly, it takes some balls for a christian metal band coming into the realm of Prog metal that's best known for bands like Opeth, Porcupine Tree and Devin Townsend whom are very well known for their complete distaste, or in same cases hatred, of organized religion (and of course Dream Theater but they don't fit my pattern so they're being left out here).

I know of at least one other prog-metal group that was fairly religious, Shadow Gallery. They didn't make concept albums about Jesus or anything, but you could tell from the group photos they were religious and one of their songs was about Babylon being raptured.

Christian prog/prog-metal was bigger around 2000... in fact I just checked and this site is still up. They would review prog albums based on the spiritual content. I highly recommend the essay section, especially "The Captain's Last Voyage".

One religious prog group who is in RBN is Glass Hammer. The two main guys in that group are very decent people... those of you interested in a Christian allegory with a heavy Yes influence (don't all speak up at once) should check out "The Inconsolable Secret". They also DO have a religious concept album, called "Lex Rex".

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2012 11:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This here is probably their best song to date (IMO)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O3TsVaFR870
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Music Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: