Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
The NFL Thread- Super Bowl XLVII: The Harbowl
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fUNC  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So... thoughts from yesterday's clusterfuck? I think it was the worst week I've ever had in a pick 'em league, although almost every game was interesting in some form or another*. My team (KC) outright quit, managing just 119 yards and seven first downs against the 30th-ranked defense in the league. You know, just in case being responsible for half of the Raiders' wins in one season wasn't enough salt in the wound.

*Interesting in that, even in the blowouts, the games either crystalized or revealed something that the public had long suspected about the teams. Buffalo, for example, wilts under pressure if faced with any team over .500 that's not named the 2011 Patriots. San Diego is actively trying to get Norv Turner fired. Washington and Seattle are brilliant for picking up fliers on QBs in the third and fourth rounds when it was widely assumed that they already had their QB of the future (to say nothing of the 49ers, of course).

~Kyle~

Scorehero's #1 Chiefs fan and L4D2 player
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Cowboys and Falcons sure seem to be trying their best at bucking obnoxious trends, and the Falcons greatly helped the Cowboys out yesterday too. It was a good day for sure.

If beating the defending champions 34-0 doesn't send a message to Falcons critics, nothing will until the postseason comes around. Maybe it won't mean anything until the Falcons win a playoff game. Hopefully they can at least win one game so that Matt Ryan isn't constantly referred to as the next Tony Romo. <_<

The Giants are officially the most perplexing team in the NFL. After 8 weeks, they were 6-2 while no one else in the division had a winning record, and it looked like the division was all theirs. Now, Dallas has won 5 of their last 6, Washington is riding a 5 game win streak, and the Giants are the only one of the three that do NOT control their fate. I don't get them, but hey. It just seems like another patented second half collapse by the Giants.

Now, if the Giants lose either one of their final two games, Cowboys @ Redskins will decide the division week 17, regardless of what happens next week. If both Dallas and Washington win next week, the Giants can't win the division(though I believe they still clinch a wild card if they win out, so it's not like their *postseason* fate isn't out of their hands. They'd probably have to go to Lambeau round 1 if they get a wild card...and we know how that went last season).

I'm excited about a Redskins/Cowboys division title game, because week 17 division title games have always gone well for the Cowboys! Just look at 2008 and 2011 and...oh. Well shit.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
krisdaschwab912  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And for the Scorehero Title Game, it looks like we have Hepa Titus, who had the best record in the league by three games but barely survived this week, facing off against IAm The One Who Knox, who broke Moss-man's back. Should be a good one.
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez finally got benched.

Now the healing can begin.

Guitar Hero: Live Goals:
Actually get good at Guitar Hero: Live
10 Guitar Hero: Live Setlist FCs

ShadoWolf wrote:
Fuck you HellAsses you fucking fucker

mazegeek999PSN from my accomplishments thread wrote:
koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

Well, he hasn't posted in a month.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:

No offense to you or other Jets fans, but holy crap- that team has gotten about 1000% more coverage this year than it deserves. If the exact same middling-team-with-a-bad-QB situation were in Jacksonville, only the die hard of die hards would care. Outside of two spectacularly awesome minute long periods of fail this year, there's nothing remarkable about the team's players or season.

~Kyle~

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: samsa3
youhas  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
Washington and Seattle are brilliant for picking up fliers on QBs in the third and fourth rounds when it was widely assumed that they already had their QB of the future (to say nothing of the 49ers, of course).

As a Niners fan, dude, I don't even know what to make of Kaepernick. On the one hand, he's certainly a more versatile player than Alex Smith, opening up all sorts of weird roll-outs and option plays, and just generally making the offense more dynamic. On the other hand, he'll intermittently fumble snaps, or try to force a pass into coverage, or otherwise do unwarranted actions you'd expect from someone who's relatively green to pro-caliber play. I want to embrace him, and I'm sure he'll be lights-out for the franchise in years to come... but right now, it's a bit of a slog.

Ah well. At least the Niners are still winning. I was pretty much mortified going into the Patriots game - assuming New England would shellack us and expose our various weaknesses - but the Niners pulled things out of the fire, epic let-the-gargantuan-lead-melt-away theatrics notwithstanding. It's nice to see the team vet themselves in the face of such adversity, and gives hope about their potential playoff opportunities in the weeks ahead.

Amusing the world 140 characters at a time: http://www.twitter.com/youhas
HellAshes  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fUNC wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

No offense to you or other Jets fans, but holy crap- that team has gotten about 1000% more coverage this year than it deserves. If the exact same middling-team-with-a-bad-QB situation were in Jacksonville, only the die hard of die hards would care. Outside of two spectacularly awesome minute long periods of fail this year, there's nothing remarkable about the team's players or season.

That's what happens when you have a bad running back trying to be a quarterback join the team this season.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger XBL Gamertag: HellAshes PSN Name: HellAshes
fUNC  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
fUNC wrote:
HellAshes wrote:

That's what happens when you have a bad running back trying to be a quarterback join the team this season.

Speaking of which, there are apparently all kinds of rumors that he'll be heading to Jacksonville after the season's over- http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/12/18/report-tebow-will-ask-to-be-traded-or-released/related/

~Kyle~

HellAshes  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Megatron just set a mega record. Most receiving yards in a single season.

ShadoWolf wrote:

koloxid wrote:
holy fuk
do you ever stop

newuser1234  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HellAshes wrote:
Megatron just set a mega record. Most receiving yards in a single season.

dude is the best receiver in the game so i'm happy he got it...that being said...matt stafford is the king of garbage time yards so the record is really not that impressive especially since it's a passing league now

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I'm gonna do fantasy football anymore. The same shit happens to my teams every year. I do REALLY good during the regular season, and then fall flat on my face in the playoffs. I'm like the fantasy atlanta falcons. Shit is really frustrating.

My Youtube Channel CHECK OUT MY GUITAR COVERS!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website PSN Name: bwakvicious
BrianBAM19  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of playoffs...I guess the playoffs start now in my eyes. Cowboys @ Redskins is almost a playoff game; if the Cowboys lose, they cannot make the playoffs in any way, but if they win, they win the division. The Redskins obviously win the division if they win this game, but they can still get in as a wild card with some help(they would need the Vikings to lose to GB and Chicago to lose to Detroit). I wouldn't bank on both happening.

If the Cowboys lose this, it would complete what I see as an embarrassing trifecta. It would be their 3rd blown Week 17 do-or-die game in 5 years, and they would have lost one apiece to each division rival, on said rival's home field: @ Philly in 2008(44-6), @ New York last year(31-14), and now @ Washington this year. Hey wait, that should be the bigger question, how come the Cowboys have had only one Week 17 home game in the past 6 years? >______>

The Falcons seem to be in pretty good shape going into the postseason. I really think this team could be different from previous years. Hopefully they've learned from previous years...though I hope the 6th seed beats the 3rd seed in the first round, so that the possibility of a Cowboys-Falcons playoff game doesn't happen very easily. I don't want that matchup.

KoE wrote:
<KoE> she wanted to put the BAM in brianbam.
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message XBL Gamertag: BrianBAM19
newuser1234  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

fitting end to the season...i hate the giants and the cowboys so i guess i'm as happy as an eagles fan can be this year. i was hoping AP would get the record today. and finally the playoffs are going to be sweet--nothing better than manning and brady being 1/2 just like the old days.

EDIT: i'll miss you andy reid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For those keeping track at home, here's a list of every head coach and GM that's been fired in the last 24 hours:

Teams looking for a coach:

Bears
Bills
Browns
Cardinals
Chargers
Chiefs
Eagles

Teams looking for a GM:

Billls
Browns
Chargers
Chiefs (unofficially)
Jets
Jaguars

~Kyle~

RLKDragon  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumor mill for the Bears is they are pursuing Mike McCoy, OC for the Broncos, for the head coach position.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: RLKDragon
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 106, 107, 108, 109, 110, 111  Next
Page 107 of 111

Jump to: