ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Unable to edit original post in Accomplishments

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UndeadFil13QC  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 11, 2020 10:16 pm    Post subject: Unable to edit original post in Accomplishments Reply with quote

I'm getting a 403 error whenever I attempt to edit the title or body of my Accomplishments thread. Other posts can be edited just fine. Any clue on what's happening?

EDIT: After peeping on the Rock Band side I found out that it was a matter of some characters not being accepted. I'll try again without any special characters and see how it goes. Still a fairly inconvenient issue that could be worth looking into, if not already being investigated.

EDIT: In fact, since I'm attempting to edit a massive post with a bunch of stuff, it looks like it won't let me through unless I review the entire thing. I'm assuming this since the content I'm adding to the post could easily be inserted in a different post without any issue. Not sure what can be done about that.

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
JohnnyGrey  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had similar issues and helped a few people with theirs.
Most common error I've found is starting a line with a colon (emoticons or fret icons are biggies) Otherwise, there's not too many consistent issues, just weird things like the random comma here or there.

While tedious, your best bet is to open up a few tabs and copy paste a few paragraphs of your OP at a time into a new post and see if you can preview the post. If not, you know that piece has the issue, and you can work your way to narrow down the culprit(s)

If you find an issue (like the colons for frets) and want to keep it, usually putting a - in front of the colon on a line will work

-

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also had a trouble with the word "pathing" in the thread's title. no clue why but it worked after that.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnnyGrey wrote:
I had similar issues and helped a few people with theirs.
Most common error I've found is starting a line with a colon (emoticons or fret icons are biggies) Otherwise, there's not too many consistent issues, just weird things like the random comma here or there.

While tedious, your best bet is to open up a few tabs and copy paste a few paragraphs of your OP at a time into a new post and see if you can preview the post. If not, you know that piece has the issue, and you can work your way to narrow down the culprit(s)

If you find an issue (like the colons for frets) and want to keep it, usually putting a - in front of the colon on a line will work

-

It took me 15 minutes to find out that the single issue was a line that solely consisted of the emote. Sigh. Well at least I'll know about that for any future edit.

Thanks Johnny

ULTIMATE GOAL: FC Im The One on GH: Van Halen Expert Guitar
Solo 2A FC Count: 39 (Best runs: many -1s, three outro chokes and two 100% overstrums!)

Side goals: GH Expert Vocals Full Series FC [4/8] | Rock Band Expert Bass Full Series FC [8/9] | COVID Vaccine & Booster 100% FC [4/4]

47|64|30|70|41|86|49|48|85|46|93|42 (10|65|10)
Full Series Total: 701/702 (786/787)
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message Send e-mail Wii Friend Code: 3977978993176180
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: