ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero III Tools - A tool to add animations to GH3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FlorisJan  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 4:19 am    Post subject: Guitar Hero III Tools - A tool to add animations to GH3 Reply with quote

Hey! I realize ScoreHero isn't what it was during its heyday, but I've always wanted to contribute something back when I was most active in 2006. Well, it's 16 years later, so better late than never!

I've made a repo called "Guitar Hero III Tools" and I want to showcase one of its scripts called "MidQbGen". Using any Rock Band MIDI, you can create a note chart that has a couple of added features. Using only an RB MIDI, you'll get:

A guitar and bass note chart directly from a MIDI without converting to chart first
    Drummer animations
    Harmonix-style HO/POs by default (if a single note follows a chord containing that note, it'll never be a HO/PO unless forced)
    Left-hand animations for both instrument parts
    RB's forced notes, either on or off
    Face-off sections
    Star Power Phrases

In addition, if you wanted to learn GH3's venue system, you can also create a custom lightshow and camera cuts! The only previous topic I've seen about this involved adding the calls manually in QueenBee (this thread here). These scripts allow you to place them in a MIDI allowing for faster and more enjoyable venue creation.

Please find the repo here (with releases): https://github.com/AddyMills/Guitar-Hero-III-Tools

Instructions on how to get this to work:

Please note, this is for PC only right now.

Create a custom in GHTCP (I'm using the updated one by szymmirr) and remember the "shortname" you used. This is the name on the left-hand side of GHTCP:

Rename the RB MIDI file to your "short name" (in my case it's "youshouldbeashamed.mid"), with the same case. If any part of the name is different, this will not work.

Drag the MIDI file onto the executable or MidQbGen Python script.

A PAK file will be generated in the script folder. Simply copy and paste this PAK file into your SONGS folder

Play your song!

I'm actively working on this project, so I'll share the most recent video I've made. I will update this video as I implement more things:

LocalH  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2022 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

y helo thar

Alakaiser sez: POST BECAUSE YOU HAVE SOMETHING TO SAY, NOT BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO SAY SOMETHING.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: