ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Disappearing Alerts

View previous topic :: View next topic  
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:55 pm    Post subject: Disappearing Alerts Reply with quote

Ok, I'm surfing the forums, looking for posts that I can reply to to get that lovely golden tag under my name. I'm done looking at one thread, so I go back to the forum home page and suddenly, all of my alerts are gone! I know I had more to check, because that was pretty much the first thing I had looked at.

I know there's not much you can do now, but it'd be nice if that didn't happen anymore.

(If it's any help to you, I clicked the blue forum link instead of clicking on the ScoreHero.com Forum Index link.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were idle for long enough, you lose your logged in status, and are logged in again when you click a forum link. This could be the problem.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...I'm not sure if that was quite it, since I was in front of the computer the entire time.

Maybe it just happened anyways.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is kind of odd. The only thing that could've caused it would be if you logged in again. If you have the site set to remember your login with cookies, then possibly just visiting the Home page and then returning to the forums could've caused the login. But I'm not sure if this was the case.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this has happened to me a couple times, but then ive noticed that i am not logged in once the new post icons are gone.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well by idle, I mean not clicking any links in the site.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I have it set to log in every time I go to the site, so I know that's not it.

I'm pretty sure it's what Matt said, since my alerts haven't disappeared yet and I've been online for about a half an hour now.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happens me all the time too. Could it be that i access the site with a different browser sometimes? I often vary between IE and Firefox. I'm going to try logging out and in again.

EDIT: Yup, that worked. From now on i'm going to log out every time i leave the site because when i leave myself logged in it tends to screw things up the nest time i visist. I've it set now to log me in automatically.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Bug Reports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: