ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Bonus songs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:57 pm    Post subject: Bonus songs Reply with quote

I beat all the main songs in expert and now am in the process of geting 5 stars on all the hard songs and I just started playin the bonus songs. I have no trouble passing them but they seem a lot tougher than they were on medium. (and I don't mean in relation to themselves but compared to the relative difficulty of the regular songs) I had no trouble breazing through and getting 5 stars on medium but hard is giving me trouble... maybe its just my skill level increased to where medium isnt as tough, but it seems to me the bonus songs increase in toughness from the step to hard more so than the regular songs.
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been having quite a bit of trouble ***** The Breaking Wheel on Hard, but otherwise proper star power placement and nailing potential combobreakers will give you ***** pretty quickly.

In general, it was rather hard for me to ***** Guitar Hero, Farewell Myth, Decontrol, All of This and, of course The Breaking Wheel.

Any tips for the aforementioned song, by the way? I'm trying to double strum my way through the main line, but I just get destroyed. Feel like I'm not doing it correctly at all.
EdwardTeach666  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe its just cause most of those songs you mentioned were the first ones I tried, hehe.
JRyder  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Story of My Love, Behind The Mask, Fire It Up, Hey, Sail Your Ship By, and Eureka, I've Found Love are good starters for racking up ***** in Hard.
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 11:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For The Breaking Wheel, all I can say is to learn to feel the beat and strum with it. The first time I tried, I broke my combo all thoughout the song. Now, I only screw up when my fret hand screws up.

Basically all I do is scream in my head:

DA da da DA da da DA da DA da DA da...

DA da da DA da da DA , DA , DA...

DA , da da da da da da DA da da DA da da DA da

DA da da da da da da DA da da DA da da DA da...

Well, you should get the idea. This actually applies to Expert, but maybe you can come up with a pattern that will help you strum better.
donutz0r  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

krimsunmunkeys wrote:
For The Breaking Wheel, all I can say is to learn to feel the beat and strum with it. The first time I tried, I broke my combo all thoughout the song. Now, I only screw up when my fret hand screws up.

Basically all I do is scream in my head:

DA da da DA da da DA da DA da DA da...

DA da da DA da da DA , DA , DA...

DA , da da da da da da DA da da DA da da DA da

DA da da da da da da DA da da DA da da DA da...

Well, you should get the idea. This actually applies to Expert, but maybe you can come up with a pattern that will help you strum better.

The very first time I played it, I kept thinking "I wanna be in Ame-ri-ca, I wanna be in Ame-ri-ca" during the "DA da da DA da da DA , DA , DA" sections of the song.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was thinking, "who was the bad guy from Tron? Jeez, this is going to drive me nuts"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: