ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Shadow's little something...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadow  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 3:19 pm    Post subject: Shadow's little something... Reply with quote

Well, yeah, my first thing that I could call "an accomplishment" was when I became a Guitar Legend on Expert as I'm never going to be a God.

But that was ages ago... Today I did something that I'm relatively proud of, though unfortunately it won't last and I won't be able to re-do it when it ends - I'm in Top 300 (Expert). I know it's not much, but for a mediocre all-around gamer and non-guitarist like me that is a huge thing in its own way.

...Oh, and this is also my first post, does that count as an accomplishment? :P
kriller  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

not bad im only in the top 400

probly cause i have no whammy bar
9.3mil[]
9.5mil[]
popemobile  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will become a guitar god, I have faith in you
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As I always say, keep challenging yourself and you'll keep improving. I'm kind of in a rut myself right now and feel like I'll never even break 11.3 million, but I know that one day will come and I'll improve most of my scores by 10K or more.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 2:20 am    Post subject: Re: Shadow's little something... Reply with quote

Shadow wrote:
...Oh, and this is also my first post, does that count as an accomplishment? :P

first post.... sh*t cha
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Huwonk wrote:
As I always say, keep challenging yourself and you'll keep improving. I'm kind of in a rut myself right now and feel like I'll never even break 11.3 million, but I know that one day will come and I'll improve most of my scores by 10K or more.

I'm waiting for the day I improve CFH by 100,000... that will never happen...

thekovinc  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
Huwonk wrote:

I'm waiting for the day I improve CFH by 100,000... that will never happen...

Don't say never! It happened to me today! Well, almost 100k. Some day it will just *click* for you more so than ever before, you'll get in a zone, and you'll rock out harder than you've ever rocked out before!

And congrats Shadow! On both the post and the top 300!
Shadow  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, guys. You know, you're the reason I play the game nowadays... Trying to beat people's scores as I don't have another guitar or a buddy who has the game/plays it fairly well. :p

Huwonk wrote:

Well, yeah, I tend to play the game about every other day and always improve in something... Like yesterday I FCd "I Wanna Be Sedated", though I can't figure out why I hadn't done it earlier, since the song was quite easy. Must have been the fingering I altered... :|

By the way, does it require one to 5-star the bonus songs to become a Guitar God? The Breaking Wheel is giving me a headache, I don't even understand how did I manage to get my current best, since I barely manage to get 100k points in it.
Huwonk  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you have to 5-star the bonus songs to be a Guitar God. TBW was really hard for me at first, too. I'm still not GREAT at it, but 330K is close to 6 stars. I almost passed it yesterday (should have been around 350K) but I butchered all the fast chords at the end. Just keep on it, and you'll eventually learn the rhythm. Just watch for the tempo changes...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

*Puh-wheeze... Gasp*

4-starred TBW. Only CfH left and I won't have any 3-stars on the list. ^_^

At first attempt I only got ~154k, I nailed the intro almost completely (even 4x'd it), on second (195k) I used my SP better and got the rhythm of the part where there are the GY-chords followed by the BGGYGGRG (and of course the similar part that consists mainly of reds).

Tempted to try once more...

[Edit:] Oh well, didn't go that well afterwards, but I think I'll soon be able to 4-star it consistently.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: