Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
New amp!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:20 pm    Post subject: New amp! Reply with quote

Ok, so I got my Crate XT120R amp Sunday (on my 18th birthday) at Guitar Center. It is 120 watts of destruction. I can't wait to play small venues with it. My room sounds like a concert every day. Mr. Green

Yes the guitar on the left is an Epiphone. It was my first guitar, it's from like '79 or something, truly vintage. The accoustic is a prototype Epiphone/Gibson I got shortly after. It sounds great. But my baby is the white Stratocaster, I won't let anything happy to her.

IEatGlue  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

my friend has 2 400 watt ones in the room, when you crank them up all the way you can hear it from a black away.... and open his window, lol

Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is like... godly. WANT.

How much was that beast?
DarkKnight720  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice amp. My bro has one that stands 8 ft tall, and like IEG's friend, when it's turned up 3/4 of the way, you can hear it through the store about a block away...I'll always be in there and be like...Heh Matts {my bro} playing ... {Usually the Star Spangled Banner...or one of his own}.

I think it's around 300 Wats...but I honestly have no idea. It could be around 3000 for all I know

But I'll put a pic up of that $3, 500 system...he also has {a cheaper version of{ maybe an Ephephone or something like that}} the guitar like the first one in GH...the Cherry Red Gibson. Also came with more stuff like an MP3 system that has over 400 different types of music in it {makes different sounds while playing the guitar}

Huwonk  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm jealous. My amp sucks balls. Hell so do my guitars.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ensiferous3 wrote:

How much was that beast?

Thanks, lol. It was $299.99 at Guitar Center. But that was because they had a huge sale last weekend. You can get it for $329.99 online. Since I got the 2 year extended warranty, it came to $362.99. It is the best amp you'll find under $500. So, I'd get it if you play guitar and want a nice amp for under 500$. You can get any sound out of this thing. Once I get a digital camcorder, I'll record myself playing Fly By Night by Rush. The intro is dead on. I can get sounds for such bands from Rush to Lamb of God to Metallica to Ted Nugent.

Ensiferous3  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

COBW3BB wrote:
Ensiferous3 wrote:

How much was that beast?

Thanks, lol. It was $299.99 at Guitar Center. But that was because they had a huge sale last weekend. You can get it for $329.99 online. Since I got the 2 year extended warranty, it came to $362.99. It is the best amp you'll find under $500. So, I'd get it if you play guitar and want a nice amp for under 500$. You can get any sound out of this thing. Once I get a digital camcorder, I'll record myself playing Fly By Night by Rush. The intro is dead on. I can get sounds for such bands from Rush to Lamb of God to Metallica to Ted Nugent.

I <3 COBW3BB. I am buying that. And when I say I am buying that I mean my parents are buying that for me and it will go down as I bought it! / 8-Bit Theater reference.
rabies  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what year/model is that strat? It is a nice looking one....and what pickups are you running in there?
COBW3BB  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rabies wrote:
what year/model is that strat? It is a nice looking one....and what pickups are you running in there?

Thank you. It is a 2004-2005 model. It has the standard Humbucker Pickups on it. As you know, there are 2 switch settings for each pickup, so that makes 6 different sounds on the guitar alone. The strat also has a Floyd rose whammy bar system. This allows for some Van Halen work to be done, I love doing the dive bomb when I play Eruption. It isn't the American Stratocaster, it is the Mexican Strat. It is a replica model of the one used by Hendrix at Woodstock '69. Only mine is right handed....

Ensiferous3 wrote:
I am buying that. And when I say I am buying that I mean my parents are buying that for me and it will go down as I bought it! / 8-Bit Theater reference.

I would really recommend you talk your parents into getting it. I mean, it doesn't matter what kind of music you want to play. I can bust out SRV on this thing. I can get the Jimi Hendrix 'fuzzy' sound found on songs like Purple Haze... this thing is amazing. Also, if you're going to buy it, I'd go into your nearest guitar store (preferably Guitar Center if you have one) and just tell them you're interested in buying it. If you do that, they'll show you some different settings, turn the music down and let you play as loud as you want. Good luck.

-COBW3BB

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: