ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Guitar Hero 3 DLC Discussion Topic (New Song Info)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Numenor  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rhinox wrote:
Not to be hating on PS2 users, but you should have known from the beginning that there would be none of the DLC for PS2. You're not getting screwed, its just that theres no system in place for the PS2.

Its time to upgrade people. I know a lot of people don't have the money, but who knows, christmas is coming up, mow some yards, get a part time job, if you get an allowance, tell your parents to keep it for a few months if you can't save it for a next gen system.

Seriously, anyone playing on a PS2 should feel fortunate that it was even released on a PS2, let alone at the same time as all the other consoles. If this were a console specific game, i.e. a sony exclusive, you would bet your life this would only be on the PS3. That console definately could have benefitted with having guitar hero as a console exclusive.

Uhhh... thanks for ripping on the fact that I've got about $90k in college debt, have a full time job currently where I still don't have money for health care and as a result can't afford a $500 system that doesn't even have backwards compatability anymore (not including the $99 game, plus the DLC price).

benjammn311 wrote:
Quote:
I am really going to be irriatated if us PS2 owners get dicked on this one.

You do realize that this is the last GH for PS2, right? IMO, the PS2 version did not receive the same polish as the 360 version, and I do not think it is going to get any better. Welcome to 7th gen....

*see above* as I don't have Mommy and Daddy to pay for new game systems.
Freebird Medium: 400k+... (360k)
Freebird Hard: 325k+... (300k)
Beat Raining Blood(H): [ ]

Completed Goals:
Medium GHII Score: 10M+... [X]
Zgf72  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Um, I seem to be having a reoccurring problem with the DLC. The first time I played through and beat them it recorded my score and stars and all that, then my friend got on his profile and then later that day when I got back on...it showed no scores or stars next to my DLC songs. I played and FCed the easier of the two songs and it showed my stars and scores again but this time it lasted for a couple of days, but today when I got in from the GT/VT ball game they were gone again! Anyone else having the same problem, and does anyone know if they are gonna patch this up to fix it? It still shows my score on the leaderboards, but I want it to show next to my songs dammit.
mcmungo  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

xD1x wrote:
mcmungo wrote:
Zephyron wrote:
raptorz44 wrote:
Way they could give PS2 DLC:
1.Get some sort of pay system.
2.Use USB Flash Drives (I am pretty sure one of the SOCOM games did it)
3.???
4.Profit!
PS2 does have a hard drive...

LOL. The PS2 does not have a hard drive, and it will probably never have one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_HDD

Because knowledge is power!

I meant no built-in standard hard drive. And who will buy that just to play DLC?
Evster  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mcmungo wrote:
xD1x wrote:
mcmungo wrote:
Zephyron wrote:
raptorz44 wrote:
Way they could give PS2 DLC:
1.Get some sort of pay system.
2.Use USB Flash Drives (I am pretty sure one of the SOCOM games did it)
3.???
4.Profit!
PS2 does have a hard drive...

LOL. The PS2 does not have a hard drive, and it will probably never have one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_2_HDD

Because knowledge is power!

I meant no built-in standard hard drive. And who will buy that just to play DLC?

*slowly raises hand*

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DLC aside, I think the XBOX Gh3 is much "cleaner" than the ps2 version. I say this with chagrin, since I own a ps2 and (obviously) got it for that. A friend of mine has the xbox 360 version and it doesn't seem as fuzzy or have as many glitches as the ps2 (SP sustains dehighlighting, notes disappearing on co-op and after pausing etc). And of course, the DLC. If wikipedia is right, the PS2 HDD isn't compatible with the slim one i have, then I guess the DLC is off the table. But I will say this, I got the game for $55 US, and for 71 songs, that's a hell of a deal. The individual DLC songs/packs are as much as twice the cost.

And I loathe them for not including the boss tracks as playable songs. That's a total greed move, having them in the game but extra $ to play. Lower than whale shit, that is.

scoot557  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jercurpac wrote:
TheSeventhJedi wrote:
How about this?

I was more than upset that I could only play the final song vs Lou. If they have the audacity to charge me for something that should be included in the price to begin with, I'm never purchasing a GH product again. I think the Rockband setlist looks better anyway.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Activision has yet to make any kind of announcement regarding these songs. We now know we'll have them, but we don't know if we have to pay for them. I'll be the first one to complain if they do expect me to pay for the boss songs, but until they give any specifics I'm going to hold off on boycotting anything.

A rational thought, in a sea of mental diarrhea.

x2
canadaxpker  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Firstly I agree with torchy. I'm sure if I get all the random change in my room I'd never otherwise think to get id be able to buy it. theres no way im not getting it.

Secondly....why are people being SO friggen bitchy about this even though we DON'T know if we have to pay for it or not!
Torchy  

Location: Indiana / Kentucky, U.S.A. (or aboard U.S.S. Moisthero)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Numenor wrote:
Rhinox wrote:
Not to be hating on PS2 users, but you should have known from the beginning that there would be none of the DLC for PS2. You're not getting screwed, its just that theres no system in place for the PS2.

Its time to upgrade people. I know a lot of people don't have the money, but who knows, christmas is coming up, mow some yards, get a part time job, if you get an allowance, tell your parents to keep it for a few months if you can't save it for a next gen system.

Seriously, anyone playing on a PS2 should feel fortunate that it was even released on a PS2, let alone at the same time as all the other consoles. If this were a console specific game, i.e. a sony exclusive, you would bet your life this would only be on the PS3. That console definately could have benefitted with having guitar hero as a console exclusive.

Uhhh... thanks for ripping on the fact that I've got about $90k in college debt, have a full time job currently where I still don't have money for health care and as a result can't afford a $500 system that doesn't even have backwards compatability anymore (not including the $99 game, plus the DLC price).

benjammn311 wrote:
Quote:
I am really going to be irriatated if us PS2 owners get dicked on this one.

You do realize that this is the last GH for PS2, right? IMO, the PS2 version did not receive the same polish as the 360 version, and I do not think it is going to get any better. Welcome to 7th gen....

*see above* as I don't have Mommy and Daddy to pay for new game systems.

So because some people can't afford to buy a new system, the PS2 should never ever be discontinued and all future games should not only be ported to it but should be expected to have identical features and quality to versions for more current systems?

Okay.

Where do I sign up for my copy of Halo 3 for the NES?

If you can't afford a newer console, that's terrible and I genuinely feel for you because it's a hard situation, but don't act OMG SURPRISED VIOLATED when a console with 7 year old hardware, no centralized online support structure and a lack of built-in static memory gets its games nerfed re: those features.

Could Neversoft / Sony / Red Octane / Batman / whoever gone through the trouble of setting up gaming servers JUST for GH3 PS2, maintaining them indefinitely, establishing a compatible system for users to purchase DLC including the needed bandwidth, producing and marketing the additional hard drives / internet connection gear necessary to utilize said features, etc. etc.? Yes, it would be possible for them to do that. Would it be cost effective, and not just result in them pissing buckets of money down a hole to cater to a demographic of people whose unwillingness or inability to buy a current-gen system means they probably wouldn't want to invest the money necessary on PS2 hard drives, network adapters, DLC pack prices and so on anyway? Hell no.

Remember, they're doing this to turn a profit, and providing online capabilities at massive overhead cost to a relatively small portion of players of a game that's come out over seven years after the console they intend to play it on would do nothing but waste their money.

There's nothing wrong with having the game on the PS2; you just shouldn't get your hopes up for online features / download content when common sense dictates that there's no financial motive for anyone to provide this service.

(and if you were only rebuking the other poster's assertion that you were some sort of minor dependent who could siphon spending money in through allowance / parents / etc. and not arguing that PS2 should have the online stuff then excuse my tirade )

Last edited by Torchy on Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Wiki User Page Send private message MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: StaticWatrmelon
infernalhatred  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In all honesty, the DLC isn't as good as the DLC for GH2. I like VR and FF, but I'd rather have more varied packs with multiple bands per pack. Maybe some actual Black Metal for Lars or some J-Rock for Midori would have been better, but as it stands, it's still worth buying, but just barely. However, I'm looking forward to playing the whole version of DWDtG if the rumors are true.

Hopefully, Red Octane will give us some more DLC as time goes on. Maybe we'll get more DLC for Christmas since what we're getting seems so basic right now.
It is you the face... a work of those is worthy of do a FC in 99.93% of all you set to music them in any guitar hero. I removed the hat for the you. Alone to mine doubts is guitar hero to 2 is played or 3 years or itself you alone plays guitar hero for the couch sessions of you set to music you screw. but it is that... do not I know to translate that everything here for the English therefore will have a Brazilian that have
Numenor  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Torchy wrote:
(and if you were only rebuking the other poster's assertion that you were some sort of minor dependent who could siphon spending money in through allowance / parents / etc. and not arguing that PS2 should have the online stuff then excuse my tirade )

Which was what I was getting at... so rant excused. In no way do I ever expect them to have a DLC for PS2, hell even if they did it wouldn't do me any good as I have dial-up and wouldn't be able to download it.

What I do hope they do is what was already said.... release a DLC disc for PS2 at some later point that would include DWDTG, etc. With the note charts are already figured out, the game engine working on PS2 and a fan base of those of us still with a PS2, they've got a nice market for such a disc.
Freebird Medium: 400k+... (360k)
Freebird Hard: 325k+... (300k)
Beat Raining Blood(H): [ ]

Completed Goals:
Medium GHII Score: 10M+... [X]
InvaderTAK  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

At this point, I just want some news on DLC for Wii. I'm sure they could make it so it can be ran off SD cards without being able to copy the files to another Wii (but at least let you back them up to your computer, or do like Nintendo does for the Virtual Console games and let you re-download for free).
SoulkeeperX  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i hope they put up free bird some day...
BShea  

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoulkeeperX wrote:
i hope they put up free bird some day...

I thought that too...I'd like a few GH2 packs so we could play them online and with battle.

Also, on a side note...

Wasn't it said somewhere that 80's songs would be DLC for GH3?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This whole discussion about boss battle DLC prices and whether or not to boycott is WAY premature. I suspect they won't charge for those ... considering the number of petitions and complaints about those songs (namely DWDTG) not being playable outside of the battle, I think they are just releasing them to fix their oversite. It's not going to cost them anything afterall to put them out there... they already have them made.

If they do decide to charge for them, I think it will be a bad business decision even if they make money on it, I think that it will create a lot of bad feelings with their fan base (even worse than the pricing of GHII DLC) and since they have competition now that they didn't have before... I think (and hope) they are smart enough to give us that much for free.

IF they do charge... I kind of doubt I'll buy it ... but not because i'm boycotting, just I really only want the one song not all 3 and I wouldn't want to pay $6 or whatever it is to have it. If I really wanted the song I'd still buy it ... but it would put a very sour taste in my mouth towards this company and I'd shift all my allegiance over to Harmonix. Hopefully we won't have to worry about that
MetalMarshmallow  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

boss battles on single player (gets all happy that i dont have to do my "play all the sections in TDWDTG" goal)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Misc GH Game Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 32, 33, 34  Next
Page 8 of 34

Jump to: