Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
RPGS
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nytwolf  

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a hardcore Final Fantasy junkie, except XI, didn't want to go online with FF. Didn't appeal to me.

But one of the greatest, and hardest to find, that I ever played was Lunar:Silver Star Story Complete. If you've played it you understand. If you haven't, find someone who has it, you will not be disappointed. I promise!
krimsunmunkeys  

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:
But one of the greatest, and hardest to find, that I ever played was Lunar:Silver Star Story Complete. If you've played it you understand. If you haven't, find someone who has it, you will not be disappointed. I promise!

A warning to anyone who tries to pick this up: if you don't use a guide, then save a backup file after the last boss (don't overwrite your best save though).

Anyone who has played this knows why, but I don't want to spoil it. I'm just saving everyone else some frustration.
shutendoji  

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:
I'm a hardcore Final Fantasy junkie, except XI, didn't want to go online with FF. Didn't appeal to me.

i've seen lunar before and it looked like a very cheesy game...and the story didn't seem to appeal to me either...
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to look into a few of these. I need something to fill the empty void that losing Guitar Hero has carved into me.

You know, now that I think about it, I still have FFX, FFX-2, and Xenosaga Ep. 1 I need to finish. Or start, in the case of X-2.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nytwolf wrote:

I got a scratched to hell copy of it off of eGhey... never bothered starting it. it's just one of many in my pile of unplayed/unfinished RPGs:

Lunar
Vagrant Story
Saga Frontier
Legend of Mana
Arc the Lad
FF X-2
Xenosaga 1&2
Front Mission 4
Shadow Hearts 1&2
Atelier Iris
Phantom Brave
Disgaea (over 100 hours in I put it down for some reason and never picked it back up)
La Pucelle
Makai Kingdom
Star Ocean: EoT
Tales of Symphonia
Baten Kaitos
FF Tactics Advance
Riviera
Golden Sun 1&2

Prolly more hanging around somewhere... maybe I should put down GH and finish one or two of those

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can honestly say you need to stop playing if you haven't finished Symphonia yet. I loved that game so much...

FFTA's not bad either. I think I got to level 57 or so before it was stolen from me.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
I can honestly say you need to stop playing if you haven't finished Symphonia yet. I loved that game so much...

So did I... until my brother made me lose my place.

I was trying for 100% completion in that game last year. For those who don't know, 100% completion requires 3 perfectly coordinated playthroughs. I was in the middle of my 2nd run, and my brother asks me if I want to trade my GameCube for his XBOX for a while, and I agreed. I got the GameCube back half a year later, and I realized that I forgot everything that I had organized for the game.

To this day, I have eight freakin' guides on my computer for different parts of Tales of Symphonia that list everything that I still need to get. I just don't remember what I planned for my 2nd and 3rd runs, and I don't want to put in the effort to try to continue.

Don't let that stop you from playing it at least once, though. That game kicks ass, even if you only have the experience of finishing it once.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think I 100% completed it...

But I did manage to have about 3,500,000 Gald on my second runthrough...

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:
I don't think I 100% completed it...

But I did manage to have about 3,500,000 Gald on my second runthrough...

That was helpful for the beginning of my low-level playthough. Without the stupid-high levels of Gald that I had, I wouldn't have survived all of the boss fights without powerlevelling.
HylianHero  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it was extremely nice.

Keyword being "was", because I lost my memory card about a week after getting it.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HylianHero wrote:

FFTA's not bad either. I think I got to level 57 or so before it was stolen from me.

Heh... I had a pretty sweet game of the PSX FFT going a few years back when someone stole my memory card (along with my PS2, GC, LCD screen, and assorted accessories and games). Um, yeah, it sucked.

I know I need to finish ToS (among other things)... ADD + lack of general motivation to do anything work pretty effectively at inhibiting such things.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, ADD blows. I think I may have a mild case of it, since it's rather hard for me to continue typing this...

Hey! A raccoon!

...But in all seriousness, I do think I have some form of ADD.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: