ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Troubles with .SNG/.MID converter, pleaseee help me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
b0b0l0gy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:14 am    Post subject: Troubles with .SNG/.MID converter, pleaseee help me Reply with quote

I just dipped into this custom gh2 song stuff, and i got everything injected and everything all good into the end product, but ive noticed that the notecharts have been off by several seconds, and i can only assume that it is the tempo of the notecharts. I record the notecharts through Freetar Editor and get everything all perfect in there, and when I convert it, it throws it all off. The song was going almost twice as fast and I would sit there for the other half of the song to finish before it goes to the score screen. Ive tried adjusting the midi with Anvil Studio, and I can't adjust the tempo to match the duration of the song, it goes under or over a second or two. I've tried in my other audio editing prog Cool Edit Pro too and its just a little off. Any suggestions? Thanks.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is the song too fast or the note chart? If the audio is too fast, then something went wrong while converting it from a .wav to a .vag, reconvert using MFAudio's default settings and it should work alright.

If it's the notechart that is off, that's a little tougher to diagnose. All songs I've converted from Freetar to midi have come out just fine without any sync issues. Did you make sure to keep the tempo the same in the midi after you converted? If you pasted the notes into a GH2 midi, did you make sure to change the tempo to what it was in the converted .sng?
b0b0l0gy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The notechart is too fast. I'm pretty sure it's a tempo thing, but how do I know what tempo it's supposed to be at? I never messed around with tempo when I used Freetar, I just laid it out on the track as I went along. After I converted it from SNG to MID, I pasted it into a different song of someone elses that had all the triggers and events and everything. That's probably where I went wrong. Is there a GH2 MID template swimming around somewhere in the forum? After I tried it out on the ps2 I went back and tried to mess with the tempo of the song in Anvil and it would not sync perfect. The song's length is 3:30:938 and the mid goes to 3:28 at a tempo of 100, and 3:31:01 at a tempo of 99. Is there a way to stretch the midi to a certain time, or does it run off of a tempo number only?

When I convert it to the notes.mid, the song is perfect, but when I throw the events and everything into another mid, it gets all jacked up.
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b0b0l0gy wrote:
The notechart is too fast. I'm pretty sure it's a tempo thing, but how do I know what tempo it's supposed to be at? I never messed around with tempo when I used Freetar, I just laid it out on the track as I went along. After I converted it from SNG to MID, I pasted it into a different song of someone elses that had all the triggers and events and everything. That's probably where I went wrong. Is there a GH2 MID template swimming around somewhere in the forum? After I tried it out on the ps2 I went back and tried to mess with the tempo of the song in Anvil and it would not sync perfect. The song's length is 3:30:938 and the mid goes to 3:28 at a tempo of 100, and 3:31:01 at a tempo of 99. Is there a way to stretch the midi to a certain time, or does it run off of a tempo number only?

When I convert it to the notes.mid, the song is perfect, but when I throw the events and everything into another mid, it gets all jacked up.

Anvil is not very good for tempos. It only allows you to enter 1 tempo, unless you pay for an addon. I just created my first notechart completely using Sonar Producer 6, and it has a tempo view where you can enter tempos wherever you want.
ImaCarrot  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my experience, all freetar songs I've converted over have had a tempo of 100 all the way through the song. So you should be able to use Anvil to change the tempo for this song. Open up the midi that the .sng to .midi converter gave you and see what it says the tempo is at.
b0b0l0gy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you can add tempos in different places? Would that help for me changing it in different places?
b0b0l0gy  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Straight from the file that the SNG/MID converter made, it says 100 for the tempo.

I don't know if I want to change the tempo of the song drastically, because the length of the MIDI with the tempo at 100 is 3:31:01, when my mp3 is 3:30:93.
Meteodragoon  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

b0b0l0gy wrote:
So you can add tempos in different places? Would that help for me changing it in different places?

You can with Anvil, if you pay for an addon.
I would suggest that if you are going to pay for software, you should pay for a better program.

The last notechart I created had tempo changes throughout the song. It helps immensely to synch up the song.

The tempo view in Sonar is like a graph. You just find the point in the song where you want the tempo to change and insert the new one.
ebayitup  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

try 99.5 bpms, you can do decimals
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: