ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
S7 - GH3 - League B Playoffs Thread - WINNER: NJDevils1087
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons
View previous topic :: View next topic  
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecaptainof wrote:
I fucking give up.

EDIT: ...after wandering down to my local Chinese food emporium, I feel slightly better about the whole thing, maybe a break is a good idea. Got food to eat and several hours left, time to see what I've got left.

I was feeling a lot like this last round, over played the song to death and was killing me not making any progress. Had to just sit back and put it in perspective, decided it wasn't really worth getting stressed over took a break, had some beers and a smoke, played some other songs and remembered why I love this game so much

Getting into the finals is a huge achievement no matter what happens. Still plenty of time to get that final score in so good luck to both players.

Go captain go captain gooooo!

NJDevils1087  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:31 pm    Post subject: Uhh... Reply with quote

Maybe I'm missing something, but are we just supposed to PM the scores vs. using GHEvents? Because GH events doesn't have any rounds available to post to...
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
KoC

KoC is such a frustrating song, because I know all the sections, it's just on any given run my fingers slip or I miss a HOPO that causes a run of misses as I recover or some little minor detail happens to mess up key streaks at various points in the song. I have FCed the entirety of the main fast section multiple times at full speed, but for some reason there's always a slip in there, whether it's the plastic is sweaty or whatever.... I dunno, I might take a couple more tries, but I'm not sure I can do tremendously better.
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I assume we're just supposed to send it in by PM.

I think the reason I find it frustrating is because I can't hit any notes. Either that or I overstrum or something, I can't tell when there's that many notes flying at me. Either way I'm not going to improve on yesterday's decent run, which I don't think is gonna be anywhere near good enough.

EDIT: Hahaha, it's not just Guitar Hero, it's video games in general... I decided to play Sonic The Hedgehog and somehow failed to even get past Marble Zone.

EDIT, 1:45am UK time... I'm done. No improvement, no chance of improvement and I've got to the stage where the Les Paul is flying across the room with alarming regularity. I'm not going to win, so I'll say congratulations in advance, it's been a great season.

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
Wow Mr. Mad, who fucked your buffalo?
NJDevils1087  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:22 am    Post subject: FINALLY Reply with quote

I FINALLY and just in the nick of time made the breakthrough I was expecting to come... just maybe it's enough.

EDIT/ADD: I agree captain... it's been a great season, regardless of the results. It's been great playing in the league with everyone, made a couple new friends here on the forums and hopefully if I get school situated I can join on to the Rivalry as well.... I'm still more in shock that I ended up in the playoffs/finals after a first week placing of 22nd... it really goes to show you that when you work hard at the game you do improve, and greatly at that. I'm posting new personal bests with much more regularity now...so if nothing else it's been a tremendous help to my skill.

I wish everyone the greatest of luck in any other leagues/seasons they might enter, perhaps we shall cross paths again. If not, I wish you the best in all your endeavors in life.

-- Mike
thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wanna say before Barfo puts up the results, from the score entered on the leaderboard, the difference between our scores is 925 points (assuming that was your final score, of course). That, in itself, sums up the entire season.

As for who came out on top, you'll have to wait for Barfo. :P

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
NJDevils1087  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:50 pm    Post subject: Wow... Reply with quote

Go figure it's that close... guess it was good I posted that final 20k update Well, either way, it's been a great season.
b08smith  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to NJDevils, sounds like it was pretty close. Really wanna see those scores!

Commiserations captain, sucks to miss out after putting in so much effort, still 1st in league and making finals can't really complain eh.

thecaptainof  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Indeed. As indicated above, I found out the result yesterday when someone pulled up a request for the last 5 hard scores on the IRC. Good work dude, well deserved an' all.

My score, if anyone's interested: 366573, 98%, 369NS (-19 plus a shitload of overstrums, good path) ...incidentally I did manage to hit a 722NS after that but fucked everything else up so much I ended up about 340k.

I'm gonna give competitive play a break for a while now, I've been neglecting my studies and other games far too much lately.

Oh, and the first song has now been chosen for the rivalry... go go go! (I don't count the rivalry as competitive play, more like playing for fun with a few friends.)

yksi-kaksi-kolme wrote:
R31NDR  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats NJDevils was a tough fought league well done on winning it.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Thanks and Congrats Reply with quote

Thanks for the congratulations, and to also to you captain a remarkable season, picking up a clean sweep is no easy feat, and the effort is to be highly commended. I know the bracket will be up later, but I too will post my score to validate Captain's claim of a 925 point gap:

367498, 99%, 320NS

So it really was that close, as it had been all season, and not just amongst the top two. It was very fun playing with all of you, and hopefully I can either compete in the Rivalry or I'll see you again down the road in another season

Regards,

Mike
saturnin55  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats NJDevils for you win and to thecaptainof for your amazing season!

who's back in B next season ? I will.
League C - S3 : 13th/19
VJohnson  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats NJDevils! I was also very impressed with thecaptainof's overall season, especially when you won it all during Week 4 (or was it Week 3 ? my memory is weak today)

Since I don't have GH3 anymore, I probably won't be back before season 9 or so, when I manage to buy the game again (I gave mine to my bro for Christmas since I couldn't afford to buy him a new copy). I'll come to visit on the rivalry thread in the meantime.

EDIT: oops, I just posted with my girlfriend's accounbt after entering scores for her... This is GuitarZero79
pineapple  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats to NJDevils, Captainof, and the rest of the s7 b league! Look forward to playing with everyone in s8.

3 songs to El Jefe. (Knights of Cydonia, Raining Blood, Number of the Beast)
b08smith  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any chance of getting the final scores from the last 2 rounds posted up Barfo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Leagues -> Past Seasons All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9
Page 9 of 9

Jump to: