ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Recording PS2 Video + Sound to PC

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kaduos  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:18 am    Post subject: Recording PS2 Video + Sound to PC Reply with quote

I'm trying to figure out a way to record gameplay from my PS2 to my PC. I'm not exactly sure how I would go about it though.

Right now, I'm using a 30in Widescreen TV as a Monitor for my PC, as well as using the high def output for my 360 and regular AV output for my PS2 (so, technically, I sit at my desk all day and do whatever I feel like doing).

Question is, how would I move the PS2 video + sound to play on my PC output instead of on AV so I could record gameplay? My videocard looks like it has a s-video plug, but I don't understand how I would move sound to it.

If that makes any sense at all, I could use some help figuring this out.
Genga  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tv capture card?
Phr34k  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you would have to either use the audio output from your TV, if you have it of course, connected to Line-In on your computer. OR You can simply use the sound on your computer to play along with, but you will need an adaptor for the phono plugs from the ps2 cable.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger XBL Gamertag: SHPhr34k Wii Friend Code: 4837355543248763
dd3mon  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your video card needs a video-in, and this isn't really standard equipment on alot of cards. The s-video port you see is very likely a tv-out, not a video-in.

However if your card has more than one s-video looking port or came with an adapter cable or breakout box with video-inputs labeled, then you might be good to go.

If your card has no video-in capabilities (this is likely) - then you'll need a new video card or a separate capture card to add to your system. Any video card that support capture will probably come with software to do it as well.

As for sound, this is much easier. Pretty much every soundcard (even onboard sound) has a line-in and/or microphone jack - all you need here is an rca-phono (red & white cables) to 1/8" miniplug adapter (try radioshack).

Recording a video to your computer isn't the simplest task - it will very likely take alot of trial and error to get things working at their best. If you're not technically inclined this may be more trouble than it's worth (especially if your current video card has no input).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> General Chat All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: