ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
20 questions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 9:59 pm    Post subject: 20 questions Reply with quote

[edit] for future notice, ignore anything i ever have to say[/edit]

a couple questions that have been floating around the homebrews sections (pertaining to the creation of songs) are 'how do i sync up the guitarist/rest of band with the song?' 'how do i sync up lighting/other stuff to the music?' 'how do i add different sections to practice mode ?'
the answer has usually been 'its not known' or 'its under the events list in anvil.'
another question that pops up is 'how do i add events to the song/track in anvil?' that hasnt been answered (or atleast its not in the idiots guide (unless its been updated between me checking it last and the time of this posting), unless someone else pointed this out), but i figured it out. its pretty easy really.
(if i was at my computer id be able to post images of what to look for, but sadley, i dont have internet in my appartment yet, and the comp im on right now is a p.o.s., so i'll have to assume you know what to look for)
under 'View' theres an option called 'Comments'. clicking on that will bring you to a big white box with the first comment for any given section, with a drop down box with each track above it. to add comments to a track, click in the comment box, and hit enter a bunch of times. this will add a bunch of comments to the track at time 0:00:00, but will delete anything after the first comment, so i wouldnt suggest adding to the GUITAR or BASS tracks after copying everything from tabit or whatever program you decide to use. obviously, you will need to change the time that you want these things to happen, and the easiest (sort of) way is to find the note you want something to happen at, double click on it, and copy the 'time of event', then paste it into the comment box.
for adding sections to practice mode
use [section name_of_section] (with the underscores)
for lighting
use [lighting (effect)] (with effect in parentheseessses) (effects i can remember are (blackout)(strobe) and (flare)
for syncing the singer, drummer and stock bassist
use [play] or [idle] (i know the drummer has other commands to play at half and double tempo, but i dont have a GH2 mid available to me right now, so im not sure what they are.)
for syncing your guitar hero
again, since i dont have an official mid in front of me, i cant say for certain what the commands are, but what i do remember are [wail_on] [wail_off] and [strum]

now i havent actually tested any of these out, but i was messing around with a copy of hanger 18 i had on my hdd and a custom song from here last night before passing out, and i didnt get a chance to rip the files from GH2 to test any of the [comment] stuff out before having to drive my room-mate to work, so if anyone wants to confirm any of this, im sure the homebrew community will thank you, or if its already been proven and ive wasted my time typing all this out, then call me a retard and ban me or something.

Last edited by DarkCalx on Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
ruippeixotog  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most of your questions are explained in this sticky thread. Search there for "5. MIDI Files" and you'll find all midi information that you need, like events syntax and track information ;)
DarkCalx  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

damnit. i looked around, but not enough i guess.
i guess this can be locked, or deleted now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website XBL Gamertag: DarkCalx PSN Name: DarkCalx Wii Friend Code: 7543253894078421
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Software All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: