ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Activisions Reaction to Freetar Hero

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rgw20014life  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:26 pm    Post subject: Activisions Reaction to Freetar Hero Reply with quote

Quote:
Well, I've got some bad news and I've got some good news. The bad news is that due to my new job at Vicarious Visions (which is owned by Activision, who recently aquired the rights to Guitar Hero), my continued work on Freetar would constitute a conflict of interest. As such, I'm going to have to give up hosting and moderating the Wiki, Forums, and this webpage as well as discontinue my personal involvement in Freetar. Of course, this doesn't mean other people can't help out instead - which leads to the good news.

The good news is that Micheal Christopher, CEO of EaglEye compter services has offered to take up hosting the Wiki, forums and webpage so the Community that has build up around Freetar will not have to dissolve! Yeay!

In the upcoming days we will be making the change over to the new host, and hopefully all of the functionality will be maintained during and after that period. The domains 'www.freetar.net' and 'www.freetarhero.net' will be redirected to point to the new host as soon as possible. Please bear with us in the change-over though if you experience any wonky-ness.

In other (semi-related) news, Activision has asked that I make some changes to Freetar in order to differentiate it from Guitar Hero a little more. Mainly these will be cosmetic changes to the game as well as an official re-branding from "Freetar Hero" to just "Freetar". The game will be referred to as the "Freetar Game" and the editor as the "Freetar Editor", which is basically how they were distinguished already anyways. These changes will unfortunetly be the last I will personally be making on the game - although due to the Open-source nature of Freetar, I hope its development life is far from over.

source: http://antonstruyk.com/freetar/
daevlol  

Location: The kingdom of Performance Mode where I reside as king.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would care more if Freetar wasn't terrible.

I mean, come on, he hasn't done any work on it in like 3 months anyway, why would anyone care if he "suddenly stopped" now?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Other Music Games All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: