ScoreHero
Home | Forum | Wiki
Inbox [ Login ]Inbox [ Login ]
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist
ProfileProfile Log inLog in
Tips on immediate whammying?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:21 pm    Post subject: Tips on immediate whammying? Reply with quote

In particular, I can't squeeze enough star power out of the holds in Story of My Love. I haven't been able to start whammying soon enough to get the whole 7.5 beats. Any tips on hand/whammy bar position so I can learn to do this better?

Bark at the Zoo
eachann  

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know for sure whether I can do it on that song or not, I haven't played it lately... but I usually have the whammy in my palm while i'm strumming the guitar so it's really easy to start hitting it as soon as I strum a note/chord. You have to make sure that you don't have the whammy bar rotated too far towards the top of the guitar though, or the whammy bar can bump the strum bar when you push it down and you'll get an extra note played, and lose your multiplier.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:34 pm    Post subject: Re: Tips on immediate whammying? Reply with quote

SkepticalMario wrote:
In particular, I can't squeeze enough star power out of the holds in Story of My Love. I haven't been able to start whammying soon enough to get the whole 7.5 beats. Any tips on hand/whammy bar position so I can learn to do this better?

Thumb strumming down, pinky over the whammy bar, do both motions together.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another thing is to make sure you don't begin whammying before strumming the note, doing so will result in about an 8th note delay before you'll begin to get credit for whammying.

I find it best to strum the note a bit early (before it's true location), and then start whammying just after strumming. In general this makes it much easier to get maximal SP.

Location: The Hall of the SH Council... watching... (not really)

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JCirri wrote:
I find it best to strum the note a bit early (before it's true location), and then start whammying just after strumming. In general this makes it much easier to get maximal SP.

I never thought of that.
Fly1ngV  

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

what i do is prep for the upcoming whammy by putting my fingers on the bar and just strumming with my thumb. this makes it easier to hit the whammy and the note at the same time. if you need practice with this, just do the first few notes on iron man and you'll be set.

PS: greetings from tennessee
SkepticalMario  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, everybody. I'm going to practice some of this tonight. It's very frustrating to have 30K fewer points than the leader on a song I've full comboed.

EDIT: Any particular reason for bringing up Tennessee?
EDIT2: Never mind, apparently you were on vacation.

Bark at the Zoo
GibsonGuy100  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Whammying Reply with quote

If you stretch your hand you'll find your thumb able to strum and your palm on thw Whammy Bar.
UltraPants  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I play with three of my fingers (middle to pinky) over/on the whammy bar, the heel of my hand over the SELECT button, and my thumb on the strum-bar for any occasion. It should let you be in a great position to start whammy-ing ASAP for any SP note, and also that way you can activate SP in any place where you strum down by pressing your wrist down with your thumb when you strum the note.

...Wow, that sounded just like an infomercial/advertisement...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    ScoreHero Forum Index -> Technique, Style, and Gameplay -> Guitar/Bass All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: